CD Rom Noisy at Startup

Old December 11th 03, 05:19 AM
jo

Default CD Rom Noisy at Startup

hi, i am trying to stop my cd rom from spinning like crazy when i boot
up my computer. It is loud and annoying. Once the system finishes

i have tried disabling auto run and ending certain services in msconfig.

i have win xp, and i noticed this problem (the loud cd rom) when i had
to reinstall the operating system.

any suggestions on how to stop the cd rom from spinning at max speed
during startup would be appreciated. Specifically, if someone knows if
a certain program is causing this or if this is a windows service...

josh

Old December 11th 03, 09:53 AM
Gandolf_One

"jo" wrote in message ...
hi, i am trying to stop my cd rom from spinning like crazy when i boot
up my computer. It is loud and annoying. Once the system finishes

i have tried disabling auto run and ending certain services in msconfig.

i have win xp, and i noticed this problem (the loud cd rom) when i had
to reinstall the operating system.

any suggestions on how to stop the cd rom from spinning at max speed
during startup would be appreciated. Specifically, if someone knows if
a certain program is causing this or if this is a windows service...

josh

I'm not sure if there is a cure to the noisy cd rom at start up but you
could try to remove the disc before you shut down or buy a plextor cd rom
there quiet at start-up

Old December 11th 03, 05:46 PM
Patch

"jo" wrote in message ...
hi, i am trying to stop my cd rom from spinning like crazy when i boot
up my computer. It is loud and annoying. Once the system finishes

i have tried disabling auto run and ending certain services in msconfig.

i have win xp, and i noticed this problem (the loud cd rom) when i had
to reinstall the operating system.

any suggestions on how to stop the cd rom from spinning at max speed
during startup would be appreciated. Specifically, if someone knows if
a certain program is causing this or if this is a windows service...

josh

Is it spinning up without a CD in it?

Old December 31st 03, 09:14 PM
Nagaho

Hi

Try the bios, you might have the bios set to boot from CD-ROM. Try changing
this to the C drive or A drive if you prefer and see if this works.

John.

"jo" wrote in message ...
hi, i am trying to stop my cd rom from spinning like crazy when i boot
up my computer. It is loud and annoying. Once the system finishes

i have tried disabling auto run and ending certain services in msconfig.

i have win xp, and i noticed this problem (the loud cd rom) when i had
to reinstall the operating system.

any suggestions on how to stop the cd rom from spinning at max speed
during startup would be appreciated. Specifically, if someone knows if
a certain program is causing this or if this is a windows service...

josh

Windows xp sometimes hangs on startup Shiva General 3 February 11th 05 06:50 PM
Freeze on startup Von Heler General 1 June 1st 04 12:53 AM
Startup problem J. Doomen General 1 January 4th 04 04:58 PM
Noisy fan Ampersand General 8 September 4th 03 07:15 PM
Long (2 min. beep) during normal startup (GA-8IGX) UsualNoise General 1 August 6th 03 11:50 PM