XP 2500 Mobile or regular?

Old June 15th 04, 10:14 AM
johny

Default XP 2500 Mobile or regular?

I'm planing to build another OC'ed system (barton 2500 @ 3200 ofcourse) so
I'm looking at these two different processors XP 2500 Mobile and XP 2500
Desktop version. I know the Mobile runs at 266FSB 1.45V while Desktop is
333FSB 1.65V Really, what is the difference between these two, is it the
same die running at lower voltage at lower FSB to reduce heat and power
consumption, or is it totaly different die?
Also, because the mobile FSB is 266, running at 1.83, what is the multiplier
on it 13.75?
Which one of these is a better choice performance wise to run at 2.2GHZ
3200+?

Old June 15th 04, 10:48 AM
John Smith

Hi
Xp2500 mobile is 14 X 133

Grab the mobile,lower voltages and will be unlocked

Mine runs at 2550Mhz

Old June 16th 04, 12:49 PM
BigBadger

If all you want is to overclock to XP3200+ speed then the desktop should do
it just fine, I've had 100% success with 2004 CPU's. If on the other hand
you want the extra flaxibility that the unlocked multiplier gives you then
it's worth paying the extra for the mobile. Other than the differing default
multiplier, FSB and voltage they are the same CPU.

Old June 19th 04, 02:20 PM
Piotr Kroń

Xp2500 mobile is the best for you

--
[ kamilo23 | Epox 8rda+ nforce 2 spp + AMD ATHLON 2000xp+ 256/333mbram ]
[ CTX 700F + GF FX 5200 128MB 128 bit & Zasilacz Codegen 300Wat]
Old June 19th 04, 06:06 PM
S.S.Hot Rocks

Get the Mobile...... I wish I had waited till it was released.