Is my XP2500 locked or unlocked?

Old December 9th 03, 03:34 PM
Michael Brown

SomeBody wrote:
snip..snip

Unluckly got a locked XP2500+ (AQYFA 0334RPCW)

snip..snip

I have been looking at other posts on the date codes of some of the
XP2500 cpus. I've noticed the one snippet above, his is a date code
of week 34 but he claims it is locked.

As I stated then, I would be very surprised if it was week 34 and locked. My
guess is either he doesn't know how to change the multiplier, or he meant
0343RPCW. He hasn't posted anything else apart from his initial post, and
there have been no other pre week-39 CPUs that have been locked, so I
wouldn't worry about it.

[...]

However I have looked at -date- code, which is as follows:

AXDA2500DKV4D F43782727115
AQXEA 0334VPMW

I'd say you're very safe, assuming it's really 0334

[...]

--
Michael Brown
www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more

Old December 10th 03, 03:17 AM
SomeBody

Default Is my XP2500 locked or unlocked?

snip..snip

Unluckly got a locked XP2500+ (AQYFA 0334RPCW)

snip..snip

I have been looking at other posts on the date codes of some of the XP2500
cpus. I've noticed the one snippet above, his is a date code of week 34
but he claims it is locked.

I recently purchased an XP2500 and have no way to tell if it is locked or
not, my motherboard has yet to be purchased so I am sitting here with just
a retail cpu.

However I have looked at -date- code, which is as follows:

AXDA2500DKV4D F43782727115
AQXEA 0334VPMW

Should I presume it is an unlocked XP2500? or must I wait till my
motherboard and other components are assembled?

I thought the the XP2500 after week 38-39 are the ones that started
showing up locked, Am I correct?

I know that I can still over clock my cpu with setting the FSB higher then
normal.

Thanks.

Old December 10th 03, 03:46 AM
SomeBody

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 04:34:32 +1300, Michael Brown wrote:

SomeBody wrote:
[...]

Just like I typed above! week 0334

yippie! me so happy!

Old December 10th 03, 04:12 PM
Graeme Ellis

Try changing the mutiplier anyway, the system will not boot and you have to
clear the cmos at worst.