crashing games

Old June 30th 03, 08:49 AM
Tomasz Malerczyk

Default crashing games

hello

i need some advice

i have xp2000 A running at 10x166 v1.72 and it work fine for 4 months
but few days a go i discovered that some of my games starting to crash
at random moments

after few test and investigation i set cpu to it default settings 12.5x133
v1.66
and no more crashing
also setting it to 9x166 v.1.72 is stable

now the question. is this cpu have no more power and no longer can be
overclocked
or i need to rise vcore more to make it stable again. if so how long it can
work until
i need to rise it again and it is worth to torture it in this way?

now some numbers :-)
temp:
system temp = 31C
12.5x133 = idle 44C busy 51C
10x166 = idle 47C busy 56C

so this doesnt look like temp problem (in my opinion)

also tested with prime 6h without error when i first overclocked it
and few days ago it runs over 1h prime and also nothing

ane ideas or sugestions?

thanks
Tomek

Old June 30th 03, 02:37 PM
papasurf

Hi Tom,
I had a similar problem with my XP2100 TBred. When I overclocked it to
14x166 it worked fine in all of my games and Prime95. But when summer came
to Southern California my temps went up in the house and games started to
crash and Prime would not run long. I opened my case and set a small
powerful fan to blow more air in. No more crashing and Prime was stable. I
just needed more cooling. If you try this and it works you may need more
cooling to. Your voltage does not seem too high. I am at 1.9v right now but
I will lower it soon. You may find a little more voltage will help you be
stable also, it is worth a try.

Prime95 raises processor temp but games raise video card temp and processor
temp. Maybe more cooling for video card area will help.

"Tomasz Malerczyk" wrote in message
[...]

Some games crash XP Home, some don't? Mother Farquhar Overclocking AMD Processors 2 January 23rd 05 10:36 PM
Computer hangs when playing games [email protected] General 0 December 31st 04 10:48 AM
Optical mice and games DJS0302 General 6 October 17th 04 09:45 PM
pc upgrade advice needed for kids games sarahandchris General 4 November 13th 03 07:38 AM
Sapphire Radeon 7000 64MB crashing and too light Mitchua General 0 September 5th 03 07:06 AM