Installing Win2K on SATA RAID

Old October 12th 04, 06:30 AM
Kruwreka

Default Installing Win2K on SATA RAID

Set-up:
Gigabyte 7NNXP board with AMD3200+, 1Gb of RAM
2x 120Gb Seagate SATA drives - RAID 0
2x 80GB WD IDE Drives - RAID 1

I attempted to install Windows 2000 to the SATA RAID array, the
installation program told me I have to create a partition on the IDE
RAID array so that it can install some filles there. So I created a
5GB partition and win2k installed the boot information on the IDE
drives and the rest of the OS on the SATA drives. Is there a way to
avoid this and just install everything to the the SATA RAID array?

--Kruwreka
--Kruwreka
Old October 14th 04, 03:49 PM
Achim Weissegger

I disable my non Raid drives in the bios when installing w2k or XP or just
unplug the power to the non Raid drives.
Simple but effective.
Regards Achim