Ga7vaxp problems since service package 2

Old October 11th 04, 06:14 AM
Sue McCartin

Default Ga7vaxp problems since service package 2

Since service pack 2 went on here I can't use my firewire card reader.
I don't get a drive letter assignment for it any more (it doesn't seem
to want to be anything other than drive letter E). If I rip out all my
drive letters then it will appear but obviously that's no solution. I
also have a pausing problem that's driving me nuts but I believe that
showed up before the service pack went on. I've looked for a newer
firewire driver on the gigabyte site but don't see one, I assume this
must be part of the via 4in1??????? When I connect the firewire reader
I get the tone like the device is being seen and then almost immediately
the slightly different tone like the device was disconnected.

A friend more used to xp support than I suggested the new firewall could
be the cause, but that is turned off in favor of norton internet
security 2004. I just went to gigabyte and got new bios F15, promise
ata driver for the secondary controller, new 4 in 1, new lan driver and
new audio driver. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Cooling Problems Ignacy Sawicki Asus Motherboards 4 July 23rd 04 05:40 AM
dvd burner.. which one? db General 8 June 27th 04 07:47 PM
Weird Problems at Boot Up - ATA Controller? Anthony PDC Asus Motherboards 2 May 27th 04 12:15 PM
P4C800-E Deluxe - Modem Problems Paul Asus Motherboards 4 November 16th 03 11:17 AM
Power Surge David LeBrun General 44 September 12th 03 02:35 AM