Question Catalyst Drivers and Catalyst Control Center

Old January 22nd 05, 07:41 PM
LouisG

Default Question Catalyst Drivers and Catalyst Control Center

I've tried installing the latest 5.1 Cat.drivers and the control center on
my system running Xp Sp2 , ATI 9100SE 128mg , 512 mg ram , a Samsung 715V
Lcd screen and for some reason i can't get it to work properly.

The screen comes up , but doesn't fill up the screen ,, it shows up on the
screen in full resolution ,,the highest,, but offset into the bottom corner
of the monitor. The only way to view the desktop is to move the mouse fully
right or left ,,i can't even move it far enough for me to see the taskbar.

The control center comes up , but verrryyyy slowly ,,and i have to drag it
around the screen to view all of it.

If i re-install the older version of drivers and control panel ,everything
goes back to normal ,, but it's the older control panel.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?? It says that they support my
card.

Thanks ,Gord
Old January 22nd 05, 08:42 PM
NightSky 421

"LouisG" wrote in message

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?? It says that they support my
card.

Thanks ,Gord

From everything I've read, the Catalyst Control Center is still a steaming
pile of dung. I wouldn't even bother with it and I don't get why ATI even
released it yet given the amount of trouble users have had with it. That
aside, I assume you have Microsoft .NET 1.1 installed, along with the
Service Pack for .NET?

Old January 22nd 05, 09:26 PM
LouisG

yes i do have it installed

"NightSky 421" wrote in
:

"LouisG" wrote in message

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?? It says that they
support my card.

Thanks ,Gord

From everything I've read, the Catalyst Control Center is still a
steaming pile of dung. I wouldn't even bother with it and I don't get

Old January 22nd 05, 11:01 PM
Blake Jashewski

I was looking to see if I had the service pack and saw NET Framework Version
2.0. Anybody try this for CCC issues?

"LouisG" wrote in message
yes i do have it installed

"NightSky 421" wrote in
:

"LouisG" wrote in message

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?? It says that they
support my card.

Thanks ,Gord

From everything I've read, the Catalyst Control Center is still a

Old January 23rd 05, 09:20 PM
Dr Richard Cranium

try just using the reset (factory adjust/auto adjust) on your monitor.

I have an x800 in my amd 64 3200 2gh HP and net doesn't work. So I use the 5.1's with
the control panel.

my other PC x800 P4 3.2gh (intel homebuilt demon something) net works, so i use the 5.1
with cat net control panel.

** you might check that your refresh rate is okay with video board and monitor.

http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

** No Fate **

cheers,
Far Niente dracman
Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm

The Missing Skins ! LL extreme Character CD
http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#jazzed

no pixel blur patch for original Sims, LL, HP, Hot date, Vacation, Deluxe, Unleashed,
Superstars, Makin' Magic
http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#tova

Sim's Transporter (summons-er) for Superstars and Makin' Magic ! works everywhere !
http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#jam

** these next three 'hot fixes' from Deirdre Nox
** Makin' Magic addon: puts the 'female' walk back ! --
** Deluxe, Unleashed, Superstars addons: puts the 'female' walk back ! --
** { No Deluxe addition } Unleashed addition only! put the 'female' walk back ! --
http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#tova

-=-=-
SIMS links:
See what happens when the Grim Reaper arrives at Old Town on the Trolley !
http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#savak
Baz attempts to save Erica Raggs from the Grim Reaper !
http://www.smokeypoint.org/bullride/begformercy.html
Stacy as the Bull Rider
http://www.smokeypoint.org/bullride/bullride.html
Sim's at war !
http://www.smokeypoint.com/smokeball.htm

http://www.smokeypoint.com/simshires.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/models.html
http://www.smokeypoint.com/simshires2.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/simshires3.htm

-=-= Sim Character creation information =-=-=-=-
http://www.smokeypoint.com/custompajamas.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/LLskinsWARNINGS.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/mysteriesSims.htm

-=-=-

** Final Fantasy Online mega ingame Pictures ! **
** for those whom wonder about "whats it like anyway huh"

http://www.smokeypoint.com/ffxionline/traod.html

-=-=-

** GTA III vice City Character MOD
http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm

** Singles: Flirt UP Your Life AI and character MOD
http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#singles

** World of Warcraft adventuring North to Ironforge. Dwarf Airport Discovered
http://www.smokeypoint.org/wow/worldofwarcraft.html

at http://www.TitanNews.com