Does JavaCamPush Work?

Old June 29th 07, 10:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
TC

Default Does JavaCamPush Work?

I'm researching how to put live streaming video on a website. I've
seen advice suggesting that JavaCamPush is the easiest way to go.
Before I start creating my own JavaCamPush site, I want to see a
sample of a site which uses it. However, I can't find a single
JavaCamPush site that works. I'm not sure if the problem is with
JavaCamPush, with the sites I've looked at, or with my computer. Can
anyone point me to a JavaCamPush site which is known to work? Here are
some I've tried:

http://www.chestertonstaffs.co.uk/javacampush.htm
http://www.mudhole.com/cam/maincam.htm
http://www.whittnet.com/javacampush.htm
http://www.bayofnavidad.com/c/pacopush.htm
http://silver515151.tripod.com/javacampush.htm
http://www.billocam.com/javacampush.htm
http://pcfixes.com/cam.htm
http://www.angelfire.com/vt/triolo/javacampush.htm

I've tried with Internet Explorer 6, Netscape 8, and Firefox 2. I even
disabled my firewall to see if it was blocking the video stream, but
that didn't help. Any advice?

-TC

Old June 30th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Si Ballenger

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:46:43 -0700, TC
wrote:

[...]

Windows updates may have done something to the ability to auto
run java applets. Even on my pages now require me to click on the
blank video to activate the java applet. You can try your own
setup using the info below. Until my main cam computer died a
while back, I used webcam2000, apache web server, and a java
applet to stream video. I'll have to make a test setup on another
computer to see if MS has lilled java applets. You probably can
still use java pull using a javascript in your web page.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm

Old June 30th 07, 02:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
kim

Windows updates may have done something to the ability to auto
run java applets. Even on my pages now require me to click on the
blank video to activate the java applet. You can try your own
setup using the info below. Until my main cam computer died a
while back, I used webcam2000, apache web server, and a java
applet to stream video. I'll have to make a test setup on another
computer to see if MS has lilled java applets. You probably can
still use java pull using a javascript in your web page.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm

Ummm...While it also doesn't work on my computer,(although it used to),
I don't think Windows updates are the cause as I do NOT allow Windows to
update itself. My computer has XP SP2 on it, but Windows has not updated
itself since I bought it over 12 months ago. The first thing I did when
I got it home was to turn off automatic Updates, so it hasn't had any
since May 2006. Sun Java has updated itself though.
Old June 30th 07, 02:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Si Ballenger

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:13:41 +1000, kim
wrote:

[...]

Below is another cam seup I have that uses an applet and it still
works locally for me. IE still ask if I want to activate the
applet, although on my laptop it runs anyway weather I answer or
not.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ppswitcher-demo.htm

Old July 1st 07, 05:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
the_slay_er

depending onwhether you allready have a site in place or you want a nice new
one i use webcamxp on 3 pcs at home...

each one is live(to an extent)

the newest version comes with all types of uploading methods....

http://www.webcamxp.com/ have a look see what you think.

regards slayer

Old July 1st 07, 05:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
the_slay_er

just in case you like it

username = test user

serial = WXP-547682-823334

that shud give you a fair time to test the software.

regards