Versions of Catalyst With No Dot-Net Support?

Old December 23rd 05, 02:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default Versions of Catalyst With No Dot-Net Support?

"Will" wrote in message
What is the last version of the ATI RADEON drivers produced that do not
require dot net to be installed? I have 5.7, and with that version at
least they produced both a version with and without .NET.

Where can I find the non .NET versions for download?

--
Will

5.3 doesn't require net. 5.6 and above requires 28gb, net bogger xp.

xman

Old December 23rd 05, 05:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

I am running a 5.7 that does not have .NET integrated.

I can no longer find any downloads for those versions though. ATI seems to
have hidden or removed them from the site.

--
Will

Old December 23rd 05, 06:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

I could be wrong, but I think that .NET Framework is required only if you
decide to use Catalyst Control Center (as opposed to Control Panel). CAT
5.13 is the first version that did not offer the CCC or CP option. BTW, I
have both versions of .Net loaded and it has had no adverse effects on my
system. CAE 5.10 is the last version that will allow twp of my flight sims
to run so I guess I'll stick with it until I upgrade my 9800 Pro.
--
TallyHo!
Ed

Old December 23rd 05, 07:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

I remember previously that there were two distinct downloads: one that
required .NET and one that did not require .NET. The one without .NET
always inserted extra tabs into the Advanced Settings dialog for the
monitor. The one with .NET always started up a separate configuration
application, which is what I guess you mean by CCC. The .NET
configuration version hopelessly corrupted one of my systems to the point
that now it is virtually unusable and I'll have to re-install (for me that's
an unusual thing because I usually manage to keep a system stable for at
least three years...a small miracle when running Windows). Are you saying
that with 5.12 you still have an option to configure video settings in the
Advanced Settings dialog and avoid the horrid separate video configuration
application?

By the way, what is twp?

--
Will

Old December 23rd 05, 08:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Hi Will,
Oops just a little mistake. I meant to say that CAT 5.11 is the last
version offered with the CCC or CP option. However, some posts indicate that
you may install the 5.13 drivers with a previous version (CAT 5.11) of
Control Panel. Seems to work for some and not for others. twp = another oops
should have been "two of my flight sims."
--
TallyHo!
Ed

Old December 23rd 05, 08:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Ed Forsythe wrote:
Hi Will,
Oops just a little mistake. I meant to say that CAT 5.11 is the last
version offered with the CCC or CP option. However, some posts indicate that
you may install the 5.13 drivers with a previous version (CAT 5.11) of
Control Panel. Seems to work for some and not for others. twp = another oops
should have been "two of my flight sims."

There's a hidden download for 5.12 Catalyst drivers with the standard
Control Panel. Look in the FireMV section rather than the Radeon
section. They work fine on Radeon cards btw.
Old December 23rd 05, 02:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Catalyst 5.12 with Control Panel GUI
*.NET NOT requierd*

http://194.71.11.70/pub/games/PC/gur..._wdm_28472.exe

--
Tony DiMarzio

Old December 23rd 05, 05:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Acid8000" wrote in message
There's a hidden download for 5.12 Catalyst drivers with the standard
Control Panel. Look in the FireMV section rather than the Radeon section.
They work fine on Radeon cards btw.

Yes, and that with the 5.13 driver work fine. You may be missing a tab or
two, however (SmartGart and VPU Recover being the two most common). If you
are, there's an ultra-simple Registry mod described here by Dr. Zhivago to
get those back in a snap:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33839141

Old December 24th 05, 10:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Will wrote:
What is the last version of the ATI RADEON drivers produced that do
not require dot net to be installed? I have 5.7, and with that
version at least they produced both a version with and without .NET.

Where can I find the non .NET versions for download?

On www.ati.com :-)

1) click on 'drivers & software' at the top
2) on the left bar, click 'Drivers and Software'
3) on the left bar, click 'Windows XP'
4) on the left bar, click 'RADEON'
5) on the left bar, click 'Previous Drivers and Software'
6) in the middle, click 'Catalyst 5.13 Windows XP - Driver Download'
7) in the middle, in the section 'Low Speed (Dial-up)', you can find the
Control panel, and the bare driver.

Enjoy...
Thomas.