Soundcard - Santa Cruz vs. Montego

Old August 28th 05, 02:18 PM
GolfNut

Default Soundcard - Santa Cruz vs. Montego

looking to upgrade my sound card. i am not a big audiophile. just like
to listen to music and play games. will i get better sound from
upgrading my Santa Cruz to a Montego? i am not open to a
Soundblaster...i have no need for all the extra stuff including all
the extra drivers and stuff they install.

thanks in advance for the opinions.
tw
Old August 28th 05, 03:39 PM
Kurt Lochner

GolfNut wrote:

looking to upgrade my sound card. i am not a big audiophile.
just like to listen to music and play games. will i get better
sound from upgrading my Santa Cruz to a Montego?

Not really. I've several of the Montego's running and the
Santa Cruz is the better of the two, owing to the Versajack..

i am not open to a Soundblaster...i have no need for all
the extra stuff including all the extra drivers and stuff
they install.

I can relate to that, and prefer Turtle Beach over Soundblaster..

--
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed, hands acquire shaking, the shaking