Lookf for a fast printer (to print invoices) ?

Old July 5th 03, 01:29 PM
No One You Know - Yet

Default Lookf for a fast printer (to print invoices) ?

Pierre -
There are all kinds of printers out there, from major manufactures such as
Epson, HP, etc. Just go to their websites and look up their various
printers.

Some questions that you need to answer for yourself first before you head
off looking for a printer.

1) Invoices - how many copies per invoice?
2) Are these invoices going to be on a fanfold format, requiring a tractor
feed in the printer?
4) Impact or laser prints. Many places also use laser instead - where they
have the laser printer print 3 copies of the invoice (assuming its a 3 part
form etc,) savings can become substantial when you consider the printing
costs of printing up multipart forms, such as say a 3part carbonless form.
5) Printing from what application? First you need to determine that your
accounting, billing, or whatever you are using to generate invoices will
either a) print an invoice in total - that is the form and the
billing/invoice data. Or if it can only print out data. Many of these
billing/accounting programs these days do have built-in form design tools -
that would print everything, from logos, to lines, boxes, etc etc.
6) I see your email indicates France, of course double check whatever
printer you have supports your language, and character sets, diacritical
marks and symbols you may require.
7) Back to laser - say you have a 3 part form, many firms have a laser
printer that has 3 or more paper tray/sources. And in each tray they have a
different color paper in it. They have their billing/accounting program set
up to sprint original in tray 1 (white), customer copy (yellow) tray 2,
billing copy (pink) tray 3. Works great for their needs. Perhaps this might
work for you too?

Hope some of these suggestions/thoughts are of help.

"Pierre" wrote in message

I am looking for a 'fast' printer for the company i work for. (Even a
dot matrix printer). But it must be windows compatible (I means that the
windows drivers must be available). I've to print many invoices per day.
It must be able to print on a large paper (a bit like landscape). Do you
know any printer that matches this query ?

Thanks

Old July 5th 03, 02:52 PM
Lee Babcock

Pierre wrote:

I am looking for a 'fast' printer for the company i work for. (Even a
dot matrix printer). But it must be windows compatible (I means that the
windows drivers must be available). I've to print many invoices per day.
It must be able to print on a large paper (a bit like landscape). Do you
know any printer that matches this query ?

Thanks

Okidata still make 'built like a tank' dot matrix printers in 9 and 24
pin version, narrow and wide carriage.
Drivers are in your Windows.
You won't find them in a big box store. You will have to go to a small
independant and have it ordered in for you.
Regards
Lee in Toronto