GeForce 64 card & blurry fuzziness

Old July 28th 03, 03:27 PM
Shelley

Default GeForce 64 card & blurry fuzziness

I thought my monitor was going (old antique 19") so purchased a brand new
one and still have fuzzy blurry screen.

Ideas anyone please?

TIA

Old July 28th 03, 08:24 PM

Turn your PC off and remove power and reseat the video card in its slot. If
you happen to notice the contacts are dirty wipe very gently a pencil eraser
up and down on the contacts, blow off the excess pencil eraser dust, and
reinsert the card. Turn power back on the see if the problem is still there.
If it is hen reapply your motherboard chip drivers and also your video
drivers again.

regards

Old July 29th 03, 01:46 AM
Flow

From detonator 43.51 and 44.03 i get sore eyes.
Text is blurry and contrast is too high also compared to 41.09 driver.
I reinstalled this one and my text is clear again.
Tested this on 2 monitors,of which one is a brand new 19inch AG-Flatscreen.

"Shelley" schreef in bericht

Old July 29th 03, 09:58 AM
FEDup

As some people here have said, there can be driver issues. IF you are using
a generic VGA cable between the PC and monitor,you WILL get a fuzzy picture.
If your monitor came with a cable hanging off then ur ok and you need to
experiment with drivers. Other than that,get yourself a fully shielded VGA
cable (they are much thicker than normal ones) You will notice the
difference straight away.

PAUL
From detonator 43.51 and 44.03 i get sore eyes.

Old July 29th 03, 07:56 PM
Martin Eriksson

"B" wrote in message
Turn your PC off and remove power and reseat the video card in its slot.

If
you happen to notice the contacts are dirty wipe very gently a pencil

eraser
up and down on the contacts, blow off the excess pencil eraser dust, and
reinsert the card. Turn power back on the see if the problem is still

there.
If it is hen reapply your motherboard chip drivers and also your video
drivers again.

regards

How the ****** is any of that gonna help a blurry screen? Sorry for my
language, but some advice is worse than no advice.

/M

Old July 29th 03, 07:57 PM
Martin Eriksson

"Shelley" wrote in message
I thought my monitor was going (old antique 19") so purchased a brand new
one and still have fuzzy blurry screen.

Ideas anyone please?

Well if you refer only to the fonts, it might be your Windows XP font
smoothing playing tricks on you. Disable it or change mode and see what
happens.

/M

Old July 30th 03, 07:30 PM

Well Martin, corrosion on the video lead contains can cause this problem as
well as drivers. Since the screen has been replaced and the problem still
exists then it's obviously hardware or drivers.

regards

Old July 30th 03, 08:03 PM
Martin Eriksson

"B" wrote in message
Well Martin, corrosion on the video lead contains can cause this problem

as
well as drivers. Since the screen has been replaced and the problem still
exists then it's obviously hardware or drivers.

Sorry I though you meant corrosion on the AGP slot...

/M