Are there any programs like TVTOOL for ATI cards???

Old October 11th 03, 07:16 PM
J.Clarke

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:08:14 -0500
"jolt" wrote:

I've got a 9800 and a program like TvTool would come in handy. I
have
the option to clone the overlay only to TV (no virtual desktop) with
nVidia cards even without TvTools. So far I've had no luck doing the
same with ATI.
TvTools helps to size and adjust TV out beyond the normal driver
control. Being less knowledgeable of ATI I certainly I may be missing
something in the ATI controls to clone overlay only. Beyond that a
tool to give added control maybe welcome to some ATI users like
myself.

Go to Start/settings/control panel/display properties/settings/advanced,
pick the displays tab and select clone for the TV--that's the button
that has the circle with a dot in the middle, then apply that and go to
the overlay tab and pick "theater mode".

=20
=20
"willy" wrote in message
U don't need TvTool like program with ATI cards

"LouisG" a =E9crit dans le message de
this looks like an interesting program , but only good for NVidia

chipsets
, does anyone know of a program that would do the same as this for
ATI cards??

Thanks

=20
=20

--=20
--=20
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old October 11th 03, 07:32 PM
J.Clarke

My apologies--in my previous post I said the clone button was the one
with a circle and a dot--that's the one for primary--the clone is the
one with overlapping boxes. I think I need more caffeine.

Old October 12th 03, 03:21 PM
jolt

Thanks for the replies, but ATI's clone feature is my problem. With the
primary display set at 1280x1024 I get a virtually desktop on the TV, which
I don't want or need. What I'm looking for is cloning of a overlay only.
With dScaler the TV display is not full screen because of the way the
desktop is cloned to 1280x1024 to the TV. No such problem with nVidia
software as there is a clone overlay setting.
I'm reasonably sure that ATI or someone can add this control to the TV
out features. This leaves you with a display to the TV only when a overlay
is active, TV tuner, DVD and desktop to the primary display only.

Old October 12th 03, 03:55 PM
Bratboy

a TVTool type program for ATI cards would be wonderful. Those who say its
not needed with ATI cards I don't think ever used it. You can do almost the
same thing with an N card as an ATI with going into Display panel etc but
its a hassle. TVTool simply cuts out haveing to do all the extra steps for
Nvidia users. When its running in the tray you hit F1 and boom TVOut is on
F3 its back to computer etc. In otherwords very handy shortcut without all
the extra hassle of digging thru display panels to get to the settings you
need to switch displays. Since one of my boxes still uses a Nvidia card I
still use TVtool with it and it was the best $12 for a useful utility I ever
spent.

Old October 12th 03, 05:36 PM
J.Clarke

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 09:21:40 -0500
"jolt" wrote:

Thanks for the replies, but ATI's clone feature is my problem. With
the
primary display set at 1280x1024 I get a virtually desktop on the TV,
which I don't want or need. What I'm looking for is cloning of a
overlay only. With dScaler the TV display is not full screen because
of the way the desktop is cloned to 1280x1024 to the TV. No such
problem with nVidia software as there is a clone overlay setting.
I'm reasonably sure that ATI or someone can add this control to the
TV
out features. This leaves you with a display to the TV only when a
overlay is active, TV tuner, DVD and desktop to the primary display
only.

Just to be clear, what you want to do is blank the TV unless it is being
accessed by the overlay?

If so, you might want to go over to http://www.rage3d.org and ask on
one of their forums as well.

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
My apologies--in my previous post I said the clone button was the one
with a circle and a dot--that's the one for primary--the clone is the
one with overlapping boxes. I think I need more caffeine.
=20
On Sat, 11 Oct
=20

Old October 13th 03, 05:28 AM
Inglo

On 10/11/2003 1:09 PM willy befouled our nation with:

U don't need TvTool like program with ATI cards

I couldn't get TV-Out to work on my old GF3 without it and I can't get
TV-Out to work with my new 9600 Pro at all, so I kind of wish there was
at least something like this to try.

--
Can I trade my happiness for some money?

Steve [Inglo]