AMD Phenom Cold Boot Issues

Old January 17th 08, 06:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Peter van der Goes[_2_]

Default AMD Phenom Cold Boot Issues

Please tell me if you think I'm way off here
Replaced an AMD 64 X2 4600 and Asus M2N-E motherboard with a Phenom 9500 in
an Asus M3A.
The Phenom is great *except* for cold boot issues. It typically takes 2 - 3
attempts to cold boot before success. Once running it's a thing of beauty,
and restarts are no problem.

I thing the new mobo/CPU draws more current and the PSU needs to be
replaced. Current PSU - noname 500W. Your opinion?

Old January 17th 08, 06:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Bob M

Peter van der Goes wrote:
Please tell me if you think I'm way off here
Replaced an AMD 64 X2 4600 and Asus M2N-E motherboard with a Phenom 9500
in an Asus M3A.
The Phenom is great *except* for cold boot issues. It typically takes 2
- 3 attempts to cold boot before success. Once running it's a thing of
beauty, and restarts are no problem.

I thing the new mobo/CPU draws more current and the PSU needs to be
replaced. Current PSU - noname 500W. Your opinion?

If it is a no name 500w like you said I think you are right on. You
need a better PSU.

Bob
Old January 17th 08, 08:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Wes Newell

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:21:25 -0600, Peter van der Goes wrote:

Please tell me if you think I'm way off here Replaced an AMD 64 X2
4600 and Asus M2N-E motherboard with a Phenom 9500 in an Asus M3A.
The Phenom is great *except* for cold boot issues. It typically takes 2
- 3 attempts to cold boot before success. Once running it's a thing of
beauty, and restarts are no problem.

I thing the new mobo/CPU draws more current and the PSU needs to be
replaced. Current PSU - noname 500W. Your opinion?

I've seen loose fitting PSU connectors cause the same symptoms, but more
than likely, your PSU has lost its ability to supply enough startup power,
or never had enough for this cpu.