52.16, Ti4200, Server 2003

Old October 28th 03, 09:50 PM
Mr. Grinch

Default 52.16, Ti4200, Server 2003

I am running ME and Server 2003 with an MSi Ti4200 8x card on a dual P3-
800.

Upgraded the drivers from the 45.23 for XP to 52.16 for XP and things seem
to work so far under Server 2003.

Q3A under 2003 benchmarks about 73fps on demo four, just a bit behind the
75fps I get under WinME with 45.23.

I also tried Tribes under 2003 and it works OK. Nice to be able to force
the refresh rates for OpenGL now. I force 1024x768 to 100hz.

I'm wondering when the "official" 52.16 drivers will come out for Win9x/ME.
I downloaded the 9x drivers from Guru3D but haven't tried them.

I'm not sure if anyone else read the PDF manual for the 52.16 drivers, but
they do say they support the Ti4200 and other GF4 cards.

Also TV Out seems to be working OK too. Previously I had problems with TV
Out not working. I had to re-install the drivers a few times then it
started working... this was with the previous drivers. I have the TV set
for clone and just use it for watching movies.

I guess that's it for now. I usually boot back to ME for games but I've
played tribes and Q3A under 2003 and no crashes or anything yet.

I'm actually hoping the 52.16 drivers come out for 9x because one of the
things it's supposed to fix is crashes when changing vid modes. Tribes
keeps crashing when it starts and changes vid modes under 9x right now and
I've tried a lot of drivers to fix it but no luck. I have to start it in
software mode then switch it to OpenGL manually or it crashes under ME.
Then it's OK until next time. Maybe I'll try out the 52.16 drivers from
Guru3D.