A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » System Manufacturers & Vendors » Dell Computers
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

dell n 4010 gpu/cpu overheating issue, how to fix it?

Old April 4th 14, 12:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
par k
external usenet poster

Default dell n 4010 gpu/cpu overheating issue, how to fix it?

Went in for replacing hard disk. One issue remains is of thermal pad. I am based in Mumbai and it is not available any where at local shops . Searched whole of Mumbai far and wide.Nobody has ever seen it let alone sold it!!!
Checked ebay but transaction was blocked n no of times-whatever that means.

Are there any alternatives to thermal pad. Don't want close this laptop just to open it all over again to replace thermal pad.It is already torn and somewhat sticky..I guess melted..

Called up dell guys who would want me to buy whole of heatsink to get that thermal pad and the cost is rs.7000 .As if someone will be mad enough to do that for a laptop that he couldn't use half the time and is already 3 years + old. with this price you could get good i3 @ 3.3 ghz and mobo for a desktop.

Do they sell laptops so that spares like screws and thermal pads should not be available to anyone.dell screws are so bad small ones damaged already while opening the first time and had to waste time searching all over the place just like thermal pad.
Open atleast 2-3 dozens of the screws just for about any work . it is insane.

I think its time to go back to desktops since it gives me greater warranty at half the price + hardly any mess.Unfortunately bought a new hdd already....

Any alternatives anyone??
Seems thermal pad not available in my city/country...
Old April 11th 14, 12:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
par k
external usenet poster

Msi burner doesn't work either. it doesnot show any chip in gpu section and does not allow me to apply min settings at startup...
it doesnot show any system information (hardware/software) either.

can i assume if my cpu temps are in range so are my gpu temps. looks like intel hd graphics on my board do not have sensors for monitoring temp.Now it becomes tricky for me to change between thermal pad and copper shim .
Old April 19th 14, 04:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bill[_15_]
external usenet poster

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 04:46:48 -0700 (PDT), par k wrote:

can i assume if my cpu temps are in range so are my gpu temps. looks like intel hd graphics on my board do not have sensors for monitoring temp.Now it becomes tricky for me to change between thermal pad and copper shim .

On the e6410 mentioned earlier: its CPU generally runs cooler than the
GPU - sometimes the CPU is a LOT cooler. Your situation could be
entirely different.
Bill
--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old April 19th 14, 11:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, April 18, 2014 11:47:34 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 04:46:48 -0700 (PDT), par k wrote:

On the e6410 mentioned earlier: its CPU generally runs cooler than the

GPU - sometimes the CPU is a LOT cooler. Your situation could be

entirely different.

Bill

--

Email address is a Spam trap.

According to the Intel web site, the Intel HM57 "chipset" with integrated graphics consists of exactly one chip. It is unlikely that it has its own temperature sensor, and it definitely does not have independent memory and bus clocking like the freestanding AMD (ex-ATI) and nVidia chips... Ben Myers