Perplexing

Old April 9th 14, 05:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Perplexing

For some unknown reason, virus probably, my Dell 5110 laptop expired.
After a 45 minute call to India a new hard drive was sent by support
and installed….but the installer blew it and left some screws out or
loose. Later I received the message that I had the wrong AC adapter
and the battery would not charge. The adapter that came with the
laptop.
Called support and they said that it was a motherboard problem and a
new motherboard Was ordered and installed.

All was well for two days and all of a sudden it would not turn on. No
response at all.

I have two of these computers so I tried changing AC adapters and
batteries. Nothing. I called support and went through 45 more
minutes of trying to get it going. Nothing. They gave me every
possible way to start it, but there was absolutely no response.
Another motherboard was ordered and sent.

When the installer sat down with it he opened the lid and then asked
what the problem was. I told him and he looked perplexed. The
frigging box was running. We tried it several times with AC and
battery. No problems, it was fine.

Has anyone ever had such a problem? I'm waiting for another shoe to
drop. and more calls to support. Warranty runs out in three months.