No Audio on New Mail ,Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 and 3.0.4

Old April 28th 10, 11:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
azTom

Default No Audio on New Mail ,Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 and 3.0.4

The computer audio works fine in the browser (Firefox), and when I
navigate to the .wav file I want to use Windows Media gotmail and
double click it the Windows Media Player window opens and plays "You've
got mail".

When I select Tools Options General tab check play sound when a
new message arrives, then browse to the gotmail.wav file, after
selection the Play doesn't work. I've tried using the default audio
still no audio out. It has worked many years in the past.

I've removed and reinstalled both 3.0.4 and 2.0.0.24 versions same problem.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Tom
Old May 3rd 10, 12:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
azTom[_2_]

On 4/28/2010 3:47 PM, azTom wrote:
The computer audio works fine in the browser (Firefox), and when I
navigate to the .wav file I want to use Windows Media gotmail and
double click it the Windows Media Player window opens and plays "You've
got mail".

When I select Tools Options General tab check play sound when a
new message arrives, then browse to the gotmail.wav file, after
selection the Play doesn't work. I've tried using the default audio
still no audio out. It has worked many years in the past.

I've removed and reinstalled both 3.0.4 and 2.0.0.24 versions same problem.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Fixed sort of, I reinstalled my "C" backup from a few weeks ago, audio
works great now. Tried several help sites they just said remove and
reinstall Thunderbird, I tried that a few times with no results. Just
goes to show how important backups are.
Old May 3rd 10, 08:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Beryl[_3_]

azTom wrote:
[...]

OK.
news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.thunderbird is the place next time.