Is this mobile Barton 2500 a good overclocker ?

Old June 21st 04, 06:54 AM
Phil Weldon

Default Is this mobile Barton 2500 a good overclocker ?

It is not the same question over and over; it just seems that way because
all of the questions are equally senseless B^)

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,

"BigBadger" wrote in message
3.157...
Scott Backular wrote in
:

Mobile Barton 2500.

..
..
..
Scot / We Live... / Paul..... whatever you want to call yourself. Please
stop asking the same questions over and over again....Plonk

Old June 21st 04, 02:29 PM
Scott Backular

Iam getting on of those Mobile 2500, the one with the i Stepping
should make for a fast pc with a Radeon 9800 Extream

The info i gave what does that show about the cpu ? month ect for some
reason before day forty or somthing they overclock better ?

Or somthing like that.

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:25:13 +0000 (UTC), "Scumball"
wrote:

"Scott Backular" wrote in message
.. .

Mobile Barton 2500.

Here are the details of the cpu realy dont know how to deciper them

First lot: AXMH2500FQQ4C

- Second lot: z388565b41057

- Third lot: iqyha0407vpmw

I do know the ones that start with "i" seem to go to 2.7 ghz ?

Was going to update to a barton 2500 normal but this one seems better

The Barton 'normals' (desktops) will if new, be locked.
The IQYHA's are the best clockers and will get 2.6 to 2.7 GHz at lower
temps.

Thanks for any help.

Old June 23rd 04, 04:14 AM
sbb78247

"BigBadger" wrote in message
3.157...
Scott Backular wrote in
:

Mobile Barton 2500.

Here are the details of the cpu realy dont know how to deciper them

First lot: AXMH2500FQQ4C

- Second lot: z388565b41057

- Third lot: iqyha0407vpmw

I do know the ones that start with "i" seem to go to 2.7 ghz ?

Was going to update to a barton 2500 normal but this one seems better

Thanks for any help.

Scot / We Live... / Paul..... whatever you want to call yourself. Please
stop asking the same questions over and over again....Plonk

he is kind of a F***toad isn't he?

Old June 23rd 04, 07:00 PM
Scott Backular

If you don't know the answer just HUSS.

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 03:14:45 GMT, "sbb78247"
wrote:

"BigBadger" wrote in message
93.157...
Scott Backular wrote in
:

Old June 23rd 04, 11:26 PM
kony

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 04:00:02 +1000, Scott Backular
wrote:

If you don't know the answer just HUSS.

The answer is not to bother. Buy a chip, run it, period. Getting a chip
up to max o'c is never worthwhile, that extra 100-200MHz will require much
greater cooling budget, be harder on the motherboard, power supply, and
after all the negatives you may never notice the diference until you
benchmark it. Just buy one and enjoy it... if you want highest
performance instead then don't buy yesterday's technology. I"m not
suggesting there's anything wrong with taking your own risk to o'c one,
just that putting too much effort into it is not going to give a
worthwhile return on time spent. A few months to a year later the
difference will seem insignificant and you'd want something else anyway.

Old June 24th 04, 05:43 AM
kony

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:02:43 +1000, Scott Backular
wrote:

kony and your point is ?

Just buy the damn thing and be done with it.
Old June 25th 04, 01:44 AM
TANKIE

I think it's like hot rodding with chips... fun to do, individualizes the
machine, often little gain and often tears up equipment.

But you may learn a few things AND have fun, so do it!