Problems with 9800PRO AIW...

Old November 19th 03, 07:50 AM
Uncooked meat prior to state vector collapse

Default Problems with 9800PRO AIW...

Just upgraded system memory and graphics card in my system. Since it was
about time anyway, I reformatted and installed WinXP from scratch. I've
installed the system drivers, Catalyst 3.9 drivers, directX 9.0b, and OS
update. I'm having problems with a few games... Empires: Dawn of the Modern
World loads, but the graphics are messed up and it is unplayable. Max Payne
2 gave me a BSOD a few minutes into playing it the first time, but hasn't
given me problems since changing the timings on the new HyperX kit... Call
of Duty just plain doesn't work...when I open the game it shows the splash
screen, then gives me the error window with the choice to "Send Error
report" or "Don't send". Safe mode does the same thing.

Can I try an older driver like the 3.7 cats, even though I've only installed
the 3.9?

Anybody have feedback on these games in a similar system? (Specs Below)

And finally, I was curious if running 3dmark2003 would be a good test of the
card so I ran it... It looked great all the way through the tests and the
card scored a 5842... Is that score *about* what I should expect to get with
my system?

Thanks in advance.

Antec TruPower 480W
ASUS P4C800-E Dlx
Intel P4 2.8C currently @ 3.08 aided by Zalman
Kingston HyperX PC3500 CAS2 Dual Channel Gig
ATI All In Wonder 9800 Pro

Old November 19th 03, 08:09 AM
Joe727

You might want to update your motherboard chipset driver. There's a recent
one posted on the Asus site.

While you're there, you might want to look at the recent BIOS upgrade to see
if it might also correct the problem you are experiencing.

http://www.asus.com/support/download...xe&Type=Latest

Joe

"Uncooked meat prior to state vector collapse" wrote in
message news:chFub.31898$Q64.19583@fed1read03...