Motherboard Utility?

Old October 20th 04, 07:54 PM
Brett...

Default Motherboard Utility?

My old Asus mb had a useful application that ran under Windows and allowed
you to monitor temperature and other parameters.

All that comes with my Gigabyte board is the awful Easitune that appears to
have been written by a 14 year old looking at the design.

Is there an alternative that is easier on the eye and simply displays CPU
temp and fan rotation speed?

--

Brett

Old October 21st 04, 02:34 AM
johnnyc

what i do is just run the 'HM.exe' file, which is found the the 'ET5'
directory (assuming you have easytune5) as its just the monitoring part
(voltage, fans, temp), and is easier on the eyes.
but thats maybe what you dont like...

Old October 21st 04, 02:43 AM
John

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Old October 21st 04, 06:13 PM
Brett...

johnnyc wrote:
what i do is just run the 'HM.exe' file, which is found the the 'ET5'
directory (assuming you have easytune5) as its just the monitoring
part (voltage, fans, temp), and is easier on the eyes.
but thats maybe what you dont like...

I have ET4 on my system, no HW.exe file.

--

Brett

Old October 21st 04, 10:42 PM
Bob Davis

"Brett..." wrote in message

My old Asus mb had a useful application that ran under Windows and allowed
you to monitor temperature and other parameters.

All that comes with my Gigabyte board is the awful Easitune that appears
to have been written by a 14 year old looking at the design.

Is there an alternative that is easier on the eye and simply displays CPU
temp and fan rotation speed?

Motherboard Monitor v5 (http://mbm.livewiredev.com/)

The author ceased further development on MBM, but his site is still up and
the product is widely supported in newsgroups and forums.

Old October 26th 04, 04:04 PM
BigVoice

Try Motherboard Monitor 5. You can find the freeware by searching
through google.

BigVoice