To update or not to updat P4P800 Deluxe's bios to 1008

Old July 8th 03, 08:03 AM
PonPon

Default To update or not to updat P4P800 Deluxe's bios to 1008

Hi everybody,

I recently bought a P4P800 Deluxe MB
It look to run well on Win2K exept for a few things.
When i install Win2K I never succeded to start from the CD.
I finaly succeded to install by booting from the installing boot
disquettes and then the Cd worked to end the installation and everything
whent ok. Could this be caused by my old Acer CD-525E? Or is it due to
the motherboard? Could a Bios change to 1008 solve the problem?
The second thing is a vidéo controler "nvida WDM vidéo capture
(universal)" which could no be started by Win2K. Again who should be
charged for this mal function? Win2k SP1, the MB or my vidéo card (nvida
gefoce4 from point of view : MX 480, 128MB DDR W/TV/DVI, AGP-8X). Could
this be solved by an update of the bios? On the other hand I have seen
on Asus support site that no flash utilities should be used and that the
bios should be run from the dos mode. How do i enter in dos mode with
Win2K to execute the bios update?
Thanks for all your comment, information and experiance.

A+ PonPon de BXL

Bios update? philo Homebuilt PC's 14 January 22nd 04 01:04 AM
KG7 Bios Update William Baker Abit Motherboards 0 January 19th 04 08:12 AM
newbie: About update bios on IS7 Jeff Abit Motherboards 1 December 22nd 03 02:31 PM
WARNING! Asus P4P800 BIOS revision 1008 has problems. Steve Colburn Asus Motherboards 1 July 2nd 03 10:21 AM
Trouble with Bios update P4C800 Deluxe Ralf Schmali Asus Motherboards 1 June 26th 03 02:48 PM