Need advice on hooking up speakers.

Old October 7th 05, 02:57 AM
algae

Default Need advice on hooking up speakers.

Hi all,
I just inherited a set of Logitech Z-560 4.1 speakers. I'm using the onboard
sound on my A7N8X Deluxe. There is a connector with the speakers that has a
green jack and a black jack combined. I'm not sure where to plug them in.
Any advice would be appeciated.
Thanks
Gary

Old October 7th 05, 04:05 AM
Paul

In article qCk1f.111524$tl2.86645@pd7tw3no, "algae"
wrote:

Hi all,
I just inherited a set of Logitech Z-560 4.1 speakers. I'm using the onboard
sound on my A7N8X Deluxe. There is a connector with the speakers that has a
green jack and a black jack combined. I'm not sure where to plug them in.
Any advice would be appeciated.
Thanks
Gary

The audio stack on the back of your computer should be in
this order. You would want to select a four channel config
with any audio control panel that came with the product, to
get the required signals on the Green (front) and Light Blue
(rear) jacks.

Light Blue - Rear (otherwise known as line_in)
Green (lime) - Front (otherwise known as line_out)
Pink - Center/sub (or microphone, when used as an input)

If you go to www.logitech.com, select a country like USA, select
Support then Product Support, enter 264 in the search box, select
search by Answer ID, you'll get this pictu

http://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/3905.JPG

Z-560 Green is Front and goes to Green on A7N8X
Z-560 Black is Rear and goes to Light Blue on A7N8X

I assume from this, that the Sub signal is derived by low pass
filtering the other signals ? The Logitech page doesn't mention
how the sub gets its signal, and I don't know if there is a
user manual available to download or not. At least I cannot find
it.

To start, put the Z-560 in as vanilla a mode as possible. There
might be something called M3D, and I'd start with that disabled.

Paul
Old October 7th 05, 04:28 AM
algae

Thanks a lot Paul. I think what threw me was that I have a TV tuner plugged
into to Line in. I bought a splitter so it would take my TV tuner and the
Black plug and it all seems to work great.
Thanks again.
Gary
wrote:

[...]

Advice About DVD Burners Please Chris S Cdr 20 September 21st 05 01:44 PM
First-time builder, need advice (esp. video cards) Michelle Homebuilt PC's 22 June 27th 05 08:29 PM
computer speakers RKH General 0 May 10th 04 12:59 AM
Advice on components for a new PC [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 7 October 20th 03 03:36 AM
Mouse causing speakers to crackle - Fix Super Moo General 1 August 1st 03 08:13 PM