See You Athlon!!!

Old September 25th 03, 01:35 PM
Athlon V Pentium

Default See You Athlon!!!

Sick and Tired about the stupid False naming of the athlon xp chips I
got a amd xp 3000 and expected at least the same performace as I get
from my p4 3000. No way Hozay,
the pentium eats amd for breakfast Im taking this chip back to the
shop together with this mobo and asking for money back!!
Old September 25th 03, 01:43 PM
Ben Pope

Athlon V Pentium wrote:
Sick and Tired about the stupid False naming of the athlon xp chips I
got a amd xp 3000 and expected at least the same performace as I get
from my p4 3000. No way Hozay,
the pentium eats amd for breakfast Im taking this chip back to the
shop together with this mobo and asking for money back!!

Fine.

I just had a nice lunch, but I doubt anybody cares about that either.

:-P

Ben

Old September 25th 03, 02:01 PM
rstlne

Fine.

I just had a nice lunch, but I doubt anybody cares about that either.

:-P

Ben

Is it just me or has there been like TONS AND TONS AND TONS of people
posting about how much the athlon xp sucks here lately, and tons of them
posting about how the Athlon 64 FX sucks too..
Would intel pay people to post on this site?.. I know some companys that
used to actually get their staff to use dialup connections just to slander
the competition..
just a thought

Old September 25th 03, 02:10 PM
Michal Rosa

Athlon V Pentium wrote:
Sick and Tired about the stupid False naming of the athlon xp chips I
got a amd xp 3000 and expected at least the same performace as I get
from my p4 3000. No way Hozay,

Amazing, I wonder if Intel actually pays idiots to post those things or
do Intel employees do it for free during their lunch time?

Old September 25th 03, 02:14 PM
Ben Pope

rstlne wrote:
Is it just me or has there been like TONS AND TONS AND TONS of people
posting about how much the athlon xp sucks here lately, and tons of them
posting about how the Athlon 64 FX sucks too..

It seems that way.

Would intel pay people to post on this site?.. I know some companys that
used to actually get their staff to use dialup connections just to slander
the competition..

I don't know about that... To be honest I think it's just people who don't
have a clue about, or have any idea how you actually go about comparing
products. It seems funny to me how many poeple have an emotional
attatchment to one product or other and feel the need to say how crap
another product is. Probably just people who need to get some attention,
good or bad.

Ben

Old September 25th 03, 02:19 PM
rstlne

I don't know about that... To be honest I think it's just people who
don't
have a clue about, or have any idea how you actually go about comparing
products. It seems funny to me how many poeple have an emotional
attatchment to one product or other and feel the need to say how crap
another product is. Probably just people who need to get some attention,
good or bad.

Yea, We all like attention :P

Old September 25th 03, 02:24 PM
Sparky

"Athlon V Pentium" wrote in message
Sick and Tired about the stupid False naming of the athlon xp chips I
got a amd xp 3000 and expected at least the same performace as I get
from my p4 3000. No way Hozay,
the pentium eats amd for breakfast Im taking this chip back to the
shop together with this mobo and asking for money back!!

Yes and then you can double that money and get another 3Ghz P4 you halfwit.

AMD chips are, as has been said before, 'best bang for the buck' - i.e.
power v cost - if you need someone to explain that to you then take your PC
back to the store and buy some comics.

--
Sparky

Old September 25th 03, 02:25 PM

Intels are for "consumers" - and cost accordingly.
AMD's are for overclockers - and save a lot of money because once
overclocked, Athlons kick Intel ass - and for half the price.

Old September 25th 03, 02:31 PM
misnomer

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:19:10 +0100, wrote:

I don't know about that... To be honest I think it's just people who

don't
have a clue about, or have any idea how you actually go about comparing
products. It seems funny to me how many poeple have an emotional
attatchment to one product or other and feel the need to say how crap
another product is. Probably just people who need to get some attention,
good or bad.

Yea, We all like attention :P

Sounds like you probably bought a crappy board or don't know how to
configure your bios properly. But I would not waste my time trying to get
my money back. You can get a good board like a Giga or Asus paired with
some nice DDR and you should be good to go. The Asus board even has a
feature to set the board for aggressive mode making it run even faster.

--

irc.theibox.org #theibox
www.theibox.org

Old September 25th 03, 03:15 PM
Rick

Anytime somebody changes their display name to something stupid and then
posts a comment like this, you know they're just trolling.

bye, Rick

"rstlne" .@. wrote in message
Fine.

I just had a nice lunch, but I doubt anybody cares about that either.

:-P

Ben

Is it just me or has there been like TONS AND TONS AND TONS of people
posting about how much the athlon xp sucks here lately, and tons of them
posting about how the Athlon 64 FX sucks too..
Would intel pay people to post on this site?.. I know some companys that
used to actually get their staff to use dialup connections just to slander
the competition..
just a thought

Pentium 4 vs. Athlon XP vs. Athlon 64's MarkW General 2 October 10th 06 12:11 PM
Athlon 64 vs Pentium 4 JK General 39 August 12th 04 03:35 PM
Slowest Athlon 64 humbles fastest P4 in gaming Tone-EQ Overclocking AMD Processors 1 December 15th 03 04:09 PM
AMD Athlon 64FX first impressions Chris General 14 September 29th 03 02:22 PM
Which Athlon XP versions ? sam Overclocking AMD Processors 3 August 16th 03 01:06 PM