XP pro P2B-F cold boot fails.

Old January 6th 05, 02:48 AM
James Roberts

Default XP pro P2B-F cold boot fails.

I have a P2B-F running a 1ghz celeron that has a problems with winXP pro.
The symptoms are that a cold boot always fails with a blank screen - no
error message. If I hit reset it always works and XP runs fine once it
starts up. I am wondering how I go about solving such a problem - I tried
logged boot , but it did not seem to help. Does Win XP have the step , by
step bootup option that 98 did ?
Old January 6th 05, 03:06 AM
P2B

James Roberts wrote:
I have a P2B-F running a 1ghz celeron that has a problems with winXP pro.
The symptoms are that a cold boot always fails with a blank screen - no
error message. If I hit reset it always works and XP runs fine once it
starts up. I am wondering how I go about solving such a problem - I tried
logged boot , but it did not seem to help. Does Win XP have the step , by
step bootup option that 98 did ?

Are you running the latest BIOS?

If not, I'd suggest trying that first:

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIO...r/1014f_03.zip

(Assuming you have a retail board with temperatures and fan speeds
displayed in the BIOS, if not back up one directory and get the
without_Hardwaremonitor version)

If that doesn't help, the only other thing I know of that can cause your
symptom is USB peripherals. In that case, you may need to disconnect USB
devices when cold booting or put up with hitting reset.

HTH

P2B