EBuyer

Old July 26th 04, 09:12 AM
Edward W. Thompson

Default EBuyer

There seems to have been some negative comments re Ebuyer in recent
days/weeks and nothing positive. I think it fair to try to redress
balance. I have recently ordered from EBuyer and received the goods
promptly at the best price I could find in the UK.

I live in a rural area and the goods were delivered by City Link on
the day promised. As far as I am concerned, based upon a single
experience, EBuyer is as good as it gets.

As a global comment, if we want the lowest possible price the overhead
of the supplier is going to have to be very tightly controlled.
Generally that means customer service is not necessarily poor quality
but it does not respond to enquiries, complaints and the like as
quickly as we would like due to fewer staff. Low price suppliers will
also use of the lowest price contractors for things like delivery.

If you can't accept these negatives as the price you sometimes will
pay (perhaps more accurately the price you don't pay ) for buying
from the cheapest source then buy from another supplier who will give
'better' service but will charge you for it by an increase in price as
compared to EBuyer. Ever thought of PC World? Sorry, they provide
high price an no service!

I don't think there is anything new here, but recent posts do seem to
me to be somewhat unfair to EBuyer.
Old July 26th 04, 11:27 AM
Andy

I live in a rural area and the goods were delivered by City Link on
the day promised. As far as I am concerned, based upon a single
experience, EBuyer is as good as it gets.

ROFLMAO.

(ps i like/use ebuyer but your post is ridiculous.)

Old July 27th 04, 01:04 AM
Gaz

"Edward W. Thompson" wrote in message
[...]

Ebuyer is good at doing what it intends to, shift as much stuff as it can. I
have spent aprox £6,000 in that last twelve months at ebuyer, and only
ended up returning maybe three / four items.

Ebuyer are generaly a bit poo when it comes to returning things, but, if you
follow the enotes system, you tend to get a quick response, with two of my
last RMAs settled within 24hrs of them recieving the goods.

Their prices are great, and seem to regularly beat the competition.

Gaz

Old July 27th 04, 12:00 PM
Liddle Feesh

"Gaz" wrote in message ...

Ebuyer is good at doing what it intends to, shift as much stuff as it can.

have spent aprox £6,000 in that last twelve months at ebuyer, and only
ended up returning maybe three / four items.

Ebuyer are generaly a bit poo when it comes to returning things, but, if

you
follow the enotes system, you tend to get a quick response, with two of my
last RMAs settled within 24hrs of them recieving the goods.

Their prices are great, and seem to regularly beat the competition.

True. I've placed over £10,000 since January 2003 with eBuyer. Mostly for
base units, motherboards and CPUs.

My major problem has been with Initial City Link - who specify a delivery
schedule of 8am to 6pm. Occasionally delivering outside this schedule during
"peak times". What is "peak times" ?

They are very bad at delivering on time, although they usually refund the
cost... but really - if you need a consistent business partner for those
urgent deadline deliveries... look elsewhere.

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

Old July 28th 04, 08:19 PM
Mark S.

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:00:11 +0100, "Liddle Feesh" wrote:

"Gaz" wrote in message ...

[...]

I blame any Citylink failings on the lack of concern by their staff
due to the seriously crap pay rates they get away with paying them...

Mark S.

Old July 31st 04, 07:36 PM
6JB

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:12:23 +0000 (UTC), Edward W. Thompson
wrote:

I don't think there is anything new here, but recent posts do seem to
me to be somewhat unfair to EBuyer.

You work for Ebuyer - right?

Old August 10th 04, 05:55 PM
Simon Powell

ive delt with ebuyer a few times now & not had a problem with them i had to
sent one cd drive back refunded within 7 days.they arn't the fastest around
but prices are very good .....city link are ok where i'm from not problem
with them at all always on time...
idual.de...