Epson Stylus 1270 RIP install problems

Old October 11th 03, 03:34 PM
No One You Know - Yet

Default Epson Stylus 1270 RIP install problems

I hope some here might be able to shed some light and assist us with getting
the Epson Stylus RIP installed/working with our 1270 epson printer.

Using XP Pro latest RIP from epson. printer is connected to LPT1 - and the
USB to it is disconnected.

We installed Adobe's PS Printer driver - and had to drill around to find the
epson 1270 printer which it finally installed the Epson 1270 postscript
printer.

We then installed the stylus RIP.

Installing the RIP, it keeps coming up with requested resource is in use
(stylus rip_monitor) - have no idea what resource is in use - ****y
programming if you ask me (ie: lazy - could they be perhaps more vague?
LOL).

We start up the RIP, it finds the epson fine.
We then launch publisher, and choose the epson printer installed by adobe's
postscript installer. There is no stylus rip printer installed. Attempt to
print the file, the file is printed and goes to the RIP and it immediately
errors and nothing happens.

We then uninstalled the RIP, attempted to uninstall the rip monitor -
cannot - says requested resource in use... (more ****ed off now LOL).

We finally uninstall via safe mode -

Reboot, and have neither rip or the rip monitor installed.... We then
reinstalled the RIP... and it concludes again, the error message...
requested resource in use... stylus rip monitor. We then launch the RIP,
finds printer... attemp to print and it errors...

Sure could use some assist here..

Thanks!