Roxio, What a Joke (FRAUD) - "0.9x" DAE Speed Bug Returns

Old September 15th 03, 10:00 PM
smh

Roxio, What a Joke (FRAUD) - "0.9x" DAE Speed Bug Returns

cRoxio, what's the excuse now? Was it Microsoft, El Nino or God?

From: smh
Subject: TEAC W552E EZCD6
Date: 5/4/03

Are there any reported issues with the above ?
I'm having bad audio extraction rates (i.e. x1) reported.

Don't tell me the infamous "0.9x" DAE Speed bug returned!

============================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)
============================

Easy Coaster Creator 4.0 was released with the following bug:

Major bugs fixed in 4.02 (in 3/00, 7 months after its release):

System Tests for Digital Audio Extraction. Copying audio tracks from
CD to hard disk or CD-R gave much slower results in version 4 than
version 3.x for some CD-ROM drives, so with some systems it was
impossible to copy audio tracks directly from CD to CD-R.

The reason why Ezcd 4.0 was released with such a bug is this:
=======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Subject: Acraptec Gibberish 101 and === More LIES ===
Date: 4/7/00

The DAE issue did not show up until after shipping of 4.00.
During beta testing all the testers reported DAE speeds in 4.00
similar to what they got in 3.5c.
======================

One of the Adrian Miller's weasel excuses why beta test did not find the
bug:

=======================
From: Adrian Miller (cRoxio)
Subject: Sam Hong being a Troll yet again
(was: ****ty In-House Testing at Roxio-Adaptec)
Date: 2/15/01

It is well known that Plextor readers are basically the best in
terms of audio and much of the testing was done with these as the
people testing had been using CD-R for a long time and as such had
the correct hardware for the job.

Unfortunately there are many now Plextor drives on the market and
the fact that the cheap drives had issues did not show up until
customers told us.

It was a slip which has been corrected, but you can not blame people
for having spent the time and money to get the correct tools for the
job.
=======================

Then Plextor UltraPleX 40max Ultra SCSI must have been a "cheap" drive:

=======================
From: handercrander
Subject: Problems with Easy CD_COPIER 4.0 at 8x
Date: 9/22/99

I have a plextor plexwriter 8/2/20 cd-writer, and
a ultraplex 40max [SCSI] cdrom

With easy cd copier 3.5c I had no problems to copy at 8x speed,
but with the new version it "forces" to copy to the harddisk
first. The same happens at 6x.
I can only copy on the fly at 4x !!!
=======================

But then again, maybe not:

=======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Subject: EZCDC4.02 - still not OK - #5
Date: 4/3/00

At the time I had a pair of SCSI Pioneer 32xSpeed slot feed drives.

My speeds are much higher now I have a pair of Plextor UltraPlex
40xSpeed drives.
=======================
Old September 16th 03, 08:03 AM
smh

From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Date: 4/7/00

The DAE issue did not show up until after shipping of 4.00.
During beta testing all the testers reported DAE speeds in 4.00
similar to what they got in 3.5c.
======================

Adrian Miller's weasel, fraudulent excuse -- the same ones used by Mike
Richter and GMAN -- why beta test did not find the bug was that beta
testers used Plextors or SCSI, as supposedly attested by this:

========================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Subject: Audio Error Plextor 8/2/20
Date: 11/22/99

ECDC 4.0 system tests reports my SCSI readers as 13xSpeed
========================

( Adrian Miller got the above 13x with 4.02, not 4.0. )
( Ezcd 4.02 was released in 3/00. )

Adrian Miller must have missed "SCSI" in "Pioneer 40X SCSI":

=======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Subject: 8X disk to disk, is it possible?
Date: 11/22/99

I want to do disk to disk at 8X if possible, Easy Cd Creator 4.0
tells me the source drive (a new Pioneer 40X SCSI)

is not fast enough and wants to cache to the hdd first then
write at 8x, defeating the purpose.

As someone else pointed out there is a bug in the systems tests
that is going to be addressed shortly.
=======================
Old September 17th 03, 09:51 PM
smh

From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Date: 4/2/00

Which version did you use to get the "13x"?

4.02
=======================

From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Date: 11/22/99

( This post preceded the above 11/22/99 post with "13x" claim )
( by about 8 hours. )

Old September 18th 03, 12:52 AM
smh

From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Date: 4/7/00

The DAE issue did not show up until after shipping of 4.00.
During beta testing all the testers reported DAE speeds in 4.00
similar to what they got in 3.5c.
======================

The above slimily implies two things:

1. Easy Coaster Creator 4 would not have been released had the bug been
discovered before the release.

2. The bug would have been fixed in no time at all. But the fix - and
it was only a partial fix - came seven (7) months after the release.

Mikey Richter's weasel excuses why beta test did not find the bug a

======================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: ****ty Beta Testing at Roxio-Adaptec
Date: 4/6/02

What is the point of beta testing at all
if you do not use representative sample of burners in use.

Not all beta testers use Plextors or SCSI, but while I was testing
for them, many of us did. In general, beta test is for functionality
rather than diversity - that is, the company wants competence in
determining and reporting performance, not variety of hardware.
Hardware testing requires many drives, firmware versions,
motherboards and so on. It is generally done by the manufacturer
(alpha level) because they have the hardware.

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 4/7/02

... beta testing is used to find hw
incompatibilities as well. It just strikes me as odd that a
significant problem with ide dae could get pass any
reasonably diligent testing program.

Beta testing finds whatever the testers turn up. Given the variety of
hardware on which CD recording depends, that means that compatibility
per se is examined at alpha or through public beta. AFAIK, neither
Adaptec in the past nor Roxio more recently has ever conducted a
public beta. With a manageable base of external testers, there's
little hope of turning up hardware incompatibilities so the
publisher does whatever it manages at the alpha level.
======================

What a weasel mumbo jumbo Mikey spins!

The fact is one beta tester, GMAN, was using a cd-rom that a user
reported getting the "0.9x" DAE:

======================
From: (GMAN)

i have been using a Panasonic 24x scsi drive...
[ I had approx 8x DAE ]
======================
From: jerry r

EZ creator 4 tests show my [Panasonic] CDr508 [24x] scsi drive
at .9x for DAE.
======================

( Is it possible the same drive gets "0.9x" on one system while
it gets "8x" on another system? See: "GMAN is a LIAR" )

Regardless whether beta test is only for functionality and not for
hardware incompatibility, this bug is 'impossible' to miss:

=======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Subject: smh is wasting bandwidth again
Date: 4/14/00

the program insists that [System] tests are run on drives
when it is first run...
=======================

System Tests has to be run when Ezcd is first used! That is, hardware
testing is forced.

Mikey Richter's weasel excuse that beta testing did not find the
"impossible not to detect" bug because beta testing is not for hardware
incompatibility is an unadulterated, unmitigated LIE (FRAUD).

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------

Old September 18th 03, 11:53 PM
smh

From: smh
Date: 5/4/03

Are there any reported issues with the above ?
I'm having bad audio extraction rates (i.e. x1) reported.

Don't tell me the infamous "0.9x" DAE Speed bug returned!

============================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)
============================

Easy Coaster Creator 4.0 was released with the following bug:

Major bugs fixed in 4.02 (in 3/00, 7 months after its release):

System Tests for Digital Audio Extraction. Copying audio tracks from
CD to hard disk or CD-R gave much slower results in version 4 than
version 3.x for some CD-ROM drives, so with some systems it was
impossible to copy audio tracks directly from CD to CD-R.

[ In plain language, the System Tests gives "0.9x" as the DAE speed
of most, if not all, CD drives. (Acraptec tacitly acknowledged
that ALL IDE CD drives were affected by the bug.) ]

From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Date: 4/7/00

The DAE issue did not show up until after shipping of 4.00.
During beta testing all the testers reported DAE speeds in 4.00
similar to what they got in 3.5c.
======================

Acraptec discovered the bug, an impossible-not-to-detect bug -- only
after the release!

Wonder whatever happened to the in-house testing. That prompted this:

****ty In-House Testing at cRoxio-Acraptec (DAE)

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com

From: Mike Richter

Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!