GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

Old March 14th 08, 11:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Default GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

"DaveW" wrote in message
. ..
That older video card is not capable of what you are trying to do. Time
to upgrade to newer video card technology.

I think the OP can safely ignore this particular gem of wisdom from DaveW

Old March 15th 08, 12:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
JLC

"Augustus" wrote in message

"DaveW" wrote in message
. ..
That older video card is not capable of what you are trying to do. Time
to upgrade to newer video card technology.

I think the OP can safely ignore this particular gem of wisdom from DaveW

I'm thinking the same thing. How could a card as old as this output a 1080i
signal? It's only got like 128MB of RAM. Hell even my last video card which
was a ATI X1900 XT really couldn't display even 720p on my CRT monitor. I'm
referring to QT HD movie trailers from the Apple movie trailer site. It
wasn't until I bought my 8800GT that I now can watch 1080i smoothly. JLC

Old March 15th 08, 12:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

I think the OP can safely ignore this particular gem of wisdom from DaveW
I'm thinking the same thing. How could a card as old as this output a
1080i signal? It's only got like 128MB of RAM. Hell even my last video
card which was a ATI X1900 XT really couldn't display even 720p on my CRT
monitor. I'm referring to QT HD movie trailers from the Apple movie
trailer site. It wasn't until I bought my 8800GT that I now can watch
1080i smoothly. JLC

Your observation that 128Mb of RAM is insufficient to produce a 1080i
resolutions tells me you do not understand at all the issues being discussed
here. 1080i is a resolution of 1920x1080 for a video card. A 128Mb memory
card has close to 120Mb of the frame buffer empty displaying this
resolution. Obviously, a GeForce Ti 4800 cannot decode an HD signal. That's
not the issue here.

Regarding your inability of your previous ATI X1900 card to display
720p.....please scroll to the bottom of the ATI X1900 XT link from ATI/AMD
below and take a look at the supported HDTV modes for your former card:
480p, 720p and 1080i as well as any custom resolution.
http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonx1...0xt/specs.html

Also, your ability to only now watch your QT HD 1080i smoothly has little to
do with your new 8800GT card.

Old March 15th 08, 01:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jeffrey Kaplan

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, DaveW said:

That older video card is not capable of what you are trying to do. Time to
upgrade to newer video card technology.

That means a new computer. At this point, I'll be happy just to get it
working the way it was.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

DISCLAIMER: Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for
identification purposes only.
Old March 15th 08, 05:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jeffrey Kaplan

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Augustus said:

I'm thinking you're not going to be getting any signal with that setup
right now, analog or digital into the HDTV. Certainly try it, but don't be
too surprised if it's still blank. You're going to need a monitor to fix
this, one way or another.

With the analog SVGA cable, I got my POST display, but attempting to
access the BIOS I get "unsupported video signal". Letting it boot
as-is and I get video through at least part of the animated Windows
bootup logo and then "unsupported video signal".

I'm screwed. I really didn't want to throw any more money into this.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"The true secrets. The important things. Fourteen words to make
someone fall in love with you forever, seven words to make them go
without pain, how to say good-bye to a friend who is dying, how to be
poor, how to be rich, how to rediscover dreams when the world has
stolen them from you." (Elric, B5 "The Geometry of Shadows")
Old March 15th 08, 05:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

I'm screwed. I really didn't want to throw any more money into this.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

This is not a complicated fix. You simply need to hook this box up to a
standard monitor to access the OS to fix this. I'm at a loss to understand
why you can't use your original one (despite your explanation of "The
monitor setup on my desktop system is physically enmeshed, I'd have to
dismantle half of my actual desktop setup to do that") or borrow one. This
monitor worked before. Why can't it work again?

Old March 15th 08, 09:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* DaveW:

That older video card is not capable of what you are trying to do. Time to
upgrade to newer video card technology.

And again another proof of ignorance from ****** DaveW. Get a clue or
shut up.

Benjamin
Old March 15th 08, 09:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* Jeffrey Kaplan:

That older video card is not capable of what you are trying to do. Time to
upgrade to newer video card technology.

That means a new computer. At this point, I'll be happy just to get it
working the way it was.

Better ignore DaveW as he has a Usenet-wide reputation of being one of
the biggest clueless bull****ter ever.

Benjamin
Old March 15th 08, 03:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jeffrey Kaplan

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Augustus said:

This is not a complicated fix. You simply need to hook this box up to a
standard monitor to access the OS to fix this. I'm at a loss to understand
why you can't use your original one (despite your explanation of "The
monitor setup on my desktop system is physically enmeshed, I'd have to
dismantle half of my actual desktop setup to do that") or borrow one. This
monitor worked before. Why can't it work again?

Unless what I broke really broke things badly, the monitor would work.
The problem is getting the two pieces of hardware together.

My desktop system is a dual-monitor setup, with both monitors on one
stand. Due to space constraints, the monitor stand is positioned
within my office desk setup in such a way that I would have to
dismantle things to get at it, and I have place to put the dismantled
parts.

Maybe I can squeeze room to go the other way - bring the old computer
to the monitor...

Old March 15th 08, 03:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jeffrey Kaplan

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Benjamin Gawert said:

Better ignore DaveW as he has a Usenet-wide reputation of being one of
the biggest clueless bull****ter ever.

Usenet is pretty wide... I've never heard of him before. Thanks for
the warning.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"The true secrets. The important things. Fourteen words to make
someone fall in love with you forever, seven words to make them go
without pain, how to say good-bye to a friend who is dying, how to be
poor, how to be rich, how to rediscover dreams when the world has
stolen them from you." (Elric, B5 "The Geometry of Shadows")

HDMI and SLI [email protected] Nvidia Videocards 0 January 28th 08 05:22 AM
HDMI and DVI? Mike Marquis Dell Computers 11 January 16th 08 08:03 PM
4GB on M2A-VM HDMI Sudsy Asus Motherboards 2 October 27th 07 07:01 PM
HDMI and DVI? Kenny Nvidia Videocards 2 January 14th 06 08:30 AM
HDMI? 78 Ati Videocards 2 November 23rd 04 01:22 PM