Drive Image will not expand

Old January 3rd 04, 06:57 AM
Tom

Default Drive Image will not expand

I'm about done with this product.
It is supposed to copy and image an old smaller drive to a newer drive,
while expanding to the new larger drive size.
Well, it doesn't and I've spent three days trying, along with getting no
response from tech support!

It resizes the new larger and formatted drive to the old drive size, wasting
half the space.
Someone know the solution to this before I tell them what to do with their
software?

Thanks,
Tom

Old January 3rd 04, 07:41 AM
Rod Speed

Tom wrote in message

I'm about done with this product.

I dont expect to see reports of Symantec suits pouring from
their windows like lemmings at that news any time soon.

It is supposed to copy and image an old smaller drive to
a newer drive, while expanding to the new larger drive size.

Well, it doesn't and I've spent three days trying,
along with getting no response from tech support!

Hardly surprising at this time of year.

It resizes the new larger and formatted drive
to the old drive size, wasting half the space.

Someone know the solution to this

Have you tried just expanding that too small
partition into the free space after that ?

before I tell them what to do with their software?

Old January 3rd 04, 09:48 AM
Joep

"Tom" wrote in message ...
I'm about done with this product.
It is supposed to copy and image an old smaller drive to a newer drive,
while expanding to the new larger drive size.

What file system? What size? ETC!!!! Please post with appropriate
information (by the way: with the risk of making a fool of yourself)

--
Joep

Old January 3rd 04, 11:09 AM
Tom

"Joep" j o e p @ d i y d a t a r e c o v e r y . n l wrote in message
"Tom" wrote in message ...
I'm about done with this product.
It is supposed to copy and image an old smaller drive to a newer drive,
while expanding to the new larger drive size.

What file system? What size? ETC!!!! Please post with appropriate
information (by the way: with the risk of making a fool of yourself)

Apparently 'fool', it doesn't matter becuase I've tried everything for three
days and it will not upsize.

FAT32 and NTFS both, with various size drives and partitions, all below
125Gig and in Windows XP.
DI 7.0 and 7.01

Old January 3rd 04, 11:56 AM
Joep

Apparently 'fool', it doesn't matter becuase I've tried everything for
three
days and it will not upsize.

I am sorry about that! Sometimes people want to resize a FAT16 partition 2
Gb which they can't.

FAT32 and NTFS both, with various size drives and partitions, all below
125Gig and in Windows XP.
DI 7.0 and 7.01

One thing that can prevent a resize is the partitions being to full. How
full are they?

Old January 3rd 04, 08:02 PM
Tom

"Joep" j o e p @ d i y d a t a r e c o v e r y . n l wrote in message
Apparently 'fool', it doesn't matter becuase I've tried everything for

three
days and it will not upsize.

I am sorry about that! Sometimes people want to resize a FAT16 partition

2
Gb which they can't.

FAT32 and NTFS both, with various size drives and partitions, all below
125Gig and in Windows XP.
DI 7.0 and 7.01

One thing that can prevent a resize is the partitions being to full. How
full are they?

The old ones or the new ones?
The old partitions are 14 Gig each and have anywhere from 1.5 Gig to 8 Gig
free.
The new partitions are empty, of course.

Symantic bought PowerQuest and they are not an swering support email.
I won't have time to deal with thsi when I'm back to work Monday.
They want $90/support call on the phone, which is total BS.
Their product so far has not done anything it is supposed to.
Tom

Old January 3rd 04, 10:55 PM
Sam Williams

"Tom" wrote in message ...

[...]

Or you havent got a clue about what you are doing, as usual.

Old January 4th 04, 05:52 AM
Tom

I got lucky with the new C because I had already made it an active
partition.

I also had to manually restire all of the protected/in use winblows files
with Drive Image.

So, buy your copy of Drive Image today and get your new hard drive files
installed in four days...

I will get my $$ back from them.

Old January 4th 04, 07:57 AM
Tom

"Tom" wrote in message ...
I got lucky with the new C because I had already made it an active
partition.

I also had to manually restire all of the protected/in use winblows files
with Drive Image.

So, buy your copy of Drive Image today and get your new hard drive files
installed in four days...

I will get my $$ back from them.

No, I had to go back and make it active...after I had wrapped up drives and
case, etc.

The bright side is, now clusters are 4k and benchmarks are faster than the
FAT32

Old January 4th 04, 01:12 PM
Joep

"Tom" wrote in message ...

One thing that can prevent a resize is the partitions being to full. How
full are they?

The old ones or the new ones?

The new ones? Resizing is done 'on the fly', the new drive doesn't need to
be partitioned in the first place.

--
Joep