[Twain API] - Autodetect papersize + "duplex" mode for Canon scanners

Old December 27th 05, 10:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner

Default [Twain API] - Autodetect papersize + "duplex" mode for Canon scanners

Hi everyone,

I need to write a program to scan documents using "high volumes" scanner
(Canon brand, 3080C, 3090C and so on).
I DO need to be able to :
- set "paper size" to "autodetect" (I can't find the right value, only
A4, A5, B4, etc etc are available)
- set "duplex mode" to ... "duplex" ! (but, in fact, I think it's a bug
in the Canon Twain driver that doesn't take in account the
CAP_DUPLEXENABLED)

Any ideas would be very appreciated......
Regards,
Benjamin.

Old December 27th 05, 12:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner

"Benjamin Cabé" wrote in message
I need to write a program to scan documents using "high volumes" scanner
(Canon brand, 3080C, 3090C and so on).
I DO need to be able to :
- set "paper size" to "autodetect" (I can't find the right value, only
A4, A5, B4, etc etc are available)
- set "duplex mode" to ... "duplex" ! (but, in fact, I think it's a
bug in the Canon Twain driver that doesn't take in account the
CAP_DUPLEXENABLED)

There's a free test app called TWACKER on my web site support page that wll
help to dialgnose the problem by exercising TWAIN get / set capabilities.
CAP_DUPLEXENABLED may or may not be implemented or implemented correctly in
UI -off mode. If the Canon TWAIN Data Source supports duplexing with the UI
on, then you should be able to do it via the TWAIN API, however there may be
some Registry settings that are being used rather than TWAIN API calls.

In my experience, just because UI-on modes work does not mean the code was
fully tested in UI-off mode.

regards,
Stewart DIBBS
Want to build your own scanner and digicam apps?
PiXCL 6.0 is affordable and available now !
www.pixcl.com Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA