LCD larger size -- what for ??

Old April 1st 08, 09:37 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Mercury

Default LCD larger size -- what for ??

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
Nope. Read again and this time at least try to understand what the words
mean even if it's obviously difficult for you. As you can see above, I
just said that to the example of the speakers that *this* is no function
of the ears because if something sounds "good" or "bad" for you is just a
function of the mind and not of the ears. There are enough scientific
documents around that cover the complexity of hearing impression.

Utter dreck. Perception and comprehension are inextricably entwined. This is
why a blind person has no business judging paintings, or a deaf person
judging musical performances.

Again this is due degradation of hearing. And again this has *nothing* to
do if a speaker sounds "good" or "bad" to someone.

It has *everything* to do with it. Or do you claim a deaf person can judge
the quality of speakers?

You obviously mix the signal reception (ears/eyes) with the signal
processing (brain, your "mind"). The hearing/vision *performance* is
decided by the ears/eyes, but what you find "good" or "bad" is not.
Someone who bought a set of speaker he finds sounding "good" won't find
them "bad" when he gets older and his hearing degrades. Hearing is much
more than just a function of the ears, and the human signal processing
(brain) is very good in interpolation to correct flaws in the signal
reception. The same is valid for the eyes.

A person who once had impeccable ability to judge speaker quality and
demanded only the best may be satisfied with $10 pieces of crap as he ages
because of loss of hearing.

A person with an undiagnosed hearing problem, who for years thought his $10
speakers sounded "fine", may upon finally getting a hearing aid realize what
he's been missing and chuck away his old speakers for a more expensive set
which he can now enjoy.

Again, I suggest you read into how seeing and hearing really works and not
how you think it does.

Physician, heal thyself.

Just because you're too stupid

You know, in my time on the internet I've found that there is a very high
positive correlation between hurling the first personal insult in a
discussion and being a complete ****tard who doesn't know what the hell
they're talking about.

I think this is yet another example.

Old April 16th 08, 02:38 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Beladi Nasrallah

On Apr 2, 5:37*am, "Mercury" wrote:

A person who once had impeccable ability to judge speaker quality and
demanded only the best may be satisfied with $10 pieces of crap as he ages
because of loss of hearing.

Well, I finally got my Dell 2408 screen. It is awesome ! The detail is
seen much better. The reproduction of colors is incredible (compared
to a 19" TN monitor I had). There is no saturation of white (or
black). But most importantly, the large size of the screen allows a
greater immersion into first-person shooters. So far I have played TF2
and DM.

The screen came with a $80 headset as a bonus. Frankly speaking, in my
opinion, they are only slightly better than the $5 headset I used
before.