PS3-X360 developer spills his experience: ATI Xenos GPU in X360 is superior to Nvidia RSX in PS3 for graphics rendering

Old December 29th 06, 12:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Tom

Default So what?

"Tomcat (Tom)" wrote in message
ups.com...

GT-Force wrote:
Did you mean the 360 was trailing???
http://www.playfuls.com:80/news_0565...mas_Sales.html

I'm sure he meant the "overall" sales. Since 360 was out for a long time,
others need time to catch up. The link you provided shows ONLY
pre-christmas
sale numbers, not the TOTAL number of units sold so far.

Also, if I'm reading the article right, it looks like it's only
Japanese sales that are being reported. Everybody knows sales in Japan
for the Wii and PS3, especially sales shortly after launch, are going
to be much higher than the 360.

Yes, that is correct, Branden posted an article regarding Japanese sales
only. I don't think he realized what the data demographics were. But, if the
PS3 got as many to the shelves before Xmas as reported, then they will have
out sold the 360 during its first two months by a very good figure. Now,
that isn't saying much because MS had big trouble producing them enough to
keep up for almost the first 4 months. Sony looks like it may be doing
better at getting the production up for the same period.

Old December 29th 06, 12:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Mr. Impressive

Default Xbots grasping at straws, again!!!

Sammy Muttonhead "unimpressively" said:

Isn't this EXACTLY what has been repeatedly pointed out by various
devs?

And by various devs you mean Xbox devs or Multi devs like EA right?

Same thing happened last generation. I told all you dumb****s that the
PS2 was more powerful than the Xbox in a few areas yet no one listened.
But companies like Konami and Criterion also pointed out exactly what I
said and they proved it with games. (MGS2 still doesn't run worth ****
on Xbox and GT4 not only still looks better than any racing game Xbox
will ever have, it's 60fps @ 1080i)

Now there is no way the PS2 could do many of the exclusive Xbox games.
They are using pixel shaders and high quailty textures for things like
normal mapping which requires a lot of gpu intensive math. I'm not
saying the PS2 is more powerful than the Xbox overall, I'm just saying
it iS more powerful in a few areas. It's framebuffer and fillrate not
to mention floating point math hardware helps out a bit too!

Please listen to me this time and don't make a fool of yourself again.

Both consoles will have strengths over the other. This time around the
Xbox360 has the framebuffer and possibly fillrate advantage, but it
lacks in just about every other area.

(As if the Xbox360 could pull off resistance or motorstorm... lol)
Old December 29th 06, 03:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Jonah Falcon

"Paul Heslop" wrote in message
Android wrote:

The relative power of a video game system has *never* been the
determining
factor for sales during the past 30 years of gaming.

Yes, but price HAS. How much did the Neo*Geo cost again?

Old December 29th 06, 03:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Hank the Rapper

Tomcat (Tom) wrote:

Also, if I'm reading the article right, it looks like it's only
Japanese sales that are being reported. Everybody knows sales in
Japan for the Wii and PS3, especially sales shortly after launch, are
going to be much higher than the 360.

Yes, that's right. Japanese sales only.

Old December 29th 06, 03:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Paul Heslop

Android wrote:

The relative power of a video game system has *never* been the
determining
factor for sales during the past 30 years of gaming.

Yes, but price HAS. How much did the Neo*Geo cost again?

wasn't my post... and that was a machine I could only wonder why
people would spend that kind of money

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Old December 29th 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
TheGame

Default PS3-X360 developer spills his experience: ATI Xenos GPU in X360 is superior to Nvidia RSX in PS3 for graphics rendering

Aye, so thats why multiplatform games are superior on 360...

Old December 30th 06, 12:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Brenden D. Chase

GT-Force wrote:

Did you mean the 360 was trailing???
http://www.playfuls.com:80/news_0565...mas_Sales.html

I'm sure he meant the "overall" sales. Since 360 was out for a long time,
others need time to catch up. The link you provided shows ONLY
pre-christmas
sale numbers, not the TOTAL number of units sold so far. Just an educated
guess though, I do not have time to dig the numbers for you (you do that,
if
you have to).

GT

But the fanboys would use that as a stick, doesn't matter how exact it
is, as long as it backs up their arguments. Pity some of them can't
spend more time playing and less time searching for tidbits on the
net. (Note is used the tidbits spelling in case any of them got any
funny ideas and we had to put up with shaky writing?)

I get Google alert emails for certain subjects, PS3 being one of them. It
was one of the few headlines talking about sales. I found it interesting
that Blig hadn't seen it yet and posted it to holy hell, so I used it.

I spend more time playing games than on here now that I've gotten a PS3.

Old December 30th 06, 12:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Brenden D. Chase

"Tom" wrote in message
m...

"Tomcat (Tom)" wrote in message
ups.com...

GT-Force wrote:
[...]

To be honest i didnt notice the "japan only" of the figures. I only posted
it as a joke, I wasnt trying to troll it. I didnt even read the article. (i
have now) I read the headline during my morning email routine, and when i
came across Android's post, i throught it in there blindly. I gladly
retract.

Old December 30th 06, 12:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Brenden D. Chase

"Sammus McMouldenus" wrote in message
ps.com...

Brenden D. Chase wrote:
"Android" wrote in message
. ..
The relative power of a video game system has *never* been the
determining
factor for sales during the past 30 years of gaming.

Atari 2600 vs. Intellivision vs. Odyssey 2
More powerful: Intellivision
Sales Winner: Atari 2600

GameBoy vs. Lynx vs. Game Gear
More powerful: Lynx
Sales Winner: GameBoy

Nintendo NES vs. Atari XEGS vs. Sega Master System
More powerful: XEGS
Sales Winner: NES

Nintendo SNES vs. Sega Genesis/Sega 32X/Sega CD
More powerful: Sega CD
Sales Winner: SNES

PlayStation vs. Nintendo 64 vs. Atari Jaguar vs. Sega Saturn
More powerful: Nintendo 64
Sales Winner: PlayStation

PlayStation 2 vs. Xbox vs. GameCube vs. Dreamcast
More powerful: Xbox
Sales Winner: PlayStation 2

Nintendo DS vs. Sony PSP
More powerful: PSP
Sales Winner (so far): DS

Xbox 360 vs. PlayStation 3 vs. Nintendo Wii
More powerful: Some say PS3, some say 360, some say 360 and PS3 are
equal
Sales Winner: ? ? ?
(in North America, the PS3 and Wii sold out of their initial shipments,
with
Wii selling more than PS3, but both trailing the 360)
(in Japan, the 360 is behind PS3 and Wii, despite having launched
first)
(in Europe, the PS3 is not yet available)

Did you mean the 360 was trailing???
http://www.playfuls.com:80/news_0565...tmas_Sales.htm

In japan... and at least people are not dumping 360s wholesale like
they are PS3s in north america....

Mind fetching me a link for this dumping of consoles?? And what makes you
think its not just those Ebaying idiots trying to get their monies back??

Old December 30th 06, 12:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Sammus McMouldenus

GT-Force wrote:

[...]

Good for you. Shame your PS2 didn't provide you with much entertainment
before, I just hope the PS3 doesn't go the same way :-)