!! EVGA Motherboard Giveaway!!

Old February 25th 06, 06:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default !! EVGA Motherboard Giveaway!!

I don't understand McG. Are you talking about the free MB?

"McGrandpa" wrote in message

"First of One"

"McGrandpa" wrote in message
If their mobos are as solid as their vid cards then they're likely a
very good board. BUT, $199 for a mobo with no more features than I have
for $95? I don't think so
My rig is now complete. Except for possibly that new Silverstone PSU

McG.

wrote in message
... The eVGA mobos are
manufactured by a third-party. Can't remember the name,
though it was mentioned in the NCIX forums. The mobos carry "only" a
two-year warranty, not lifetime like the brand's high-end video cards,
though this is not a practical drawback. eVGA support has a good
reputation I hear.

They do on paper at least. I haven't had to use their warranty yet.
Still, their listed price for the mobo is $199. That's just too much,
IMO.
McG.

Old February 25th 06, 07:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

The MB is only "free" if you buy the 7800GT package that costs $150 more
than usual...