Problem Installing GeForce 6200 Video Card

Old November 18th 08, 10:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ginchy[_3_]

Default Problem Installing GeForce 6200 Video Card

"W????n S." wrote in message

wrote in message

"W????n S." wrote in message

wrote in message
"Augustus" wrote in message

wrote in message

"Augustus" wrote in message

wrote in message
My Geforce 6200 nVidia drivers won't install. I have tried several
driver
versions. When looking at the adapter properties, it says vgasave
properties and under resources, this is what I see:

Conflicting device list

Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by:
Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579
Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by:
Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579
Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by:
Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579

This m/b has no integrated graphics and from your header one is led
to think you had a card working in there prior to the GeForce 6200
setup. What was in the setup before? Is this a new build?

This is not a new build. I originally had a GeForce 5200 that went
bad. It was an AGP card. Since I could not find another AGP card, I
bought a Geforce 6200 PCI card but could not get it to work (same
errors). I then finally found a Geforce 6200 AGP card. I got the
same errors. Both cards were new. The AGP card is presently in the
system although I have tried both the PCI and the AGP cards.

Assuming you have the BIOS IRQ assignments all set to Auto, open the
device manager and remove the installed display driver(s). Reboot and
allow Windows to rediscover the installed card.....see if that helps.

No luck. There are no drivers installed for the device. The card
comes up as "Video Controller VGA Compatible". When I click on driver
details it says "No driver files required or have been loaded for this
device". I still cannot load the nVidia drivers regardless of version.

Remove the device in device manager.
Remove all nvidia folders and files.

Re-boot.

Do not let windows find drivers. Cancel it. Now, try to install drivers
that you have downloaded.

Yeah? Neah?

I've tried that but no luck.

Damaged AGP socket?

he gets same error with the pci card.

i would try reloading bios defaults and optomised defaults!

Old November 20th 08, 11:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Johnny McGhee

wrote in message
My Geforce 6200 nVidia drivers won't install. I have tried several driver
versions. When looking at the adapter properties, it says vgasave
properties and under resources, this is what I see:

Conflicting device list

Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by:
Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579
Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by:
Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579
Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by:
Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579

Short of reinstalling WindowsXP, anybody know how to delete or get rid of
the conflicts?

The nVidia drivers won't install. The video card is using "vgasave" and
won't allow me to up the resolution (I'm using a 22" monitor).

The display properties for the card has no adapter info available.

Motherboard is an Abit IC7-G. OS is WindowsXP SP3.

Thanks in advance.

--
CareBear

--
CareBear

I resolved my issue by doing a clean install of Windows XP. Thanks for
assistance.

Old November 22nd 08, 03:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
CareBear

Test

Old November 22nd 08, 10:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Robert Miles

"CareBear" wrote in message
Test

Grade: C-

Old November 22nd 08, 10:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
CareBear

"Robert Miles" wrote in message
. ..

"CareBear" wrote in message
Test

Grade: C-

That's better than an F

Old November 23rd 08, 03:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim Beard[_2_]

CareBear wrote:
"Robert Miles" wrote in message
. ..
"CareBear" wrote in message
Test

Grade: C-

That's better than an F

Grade inflation. Anyone who posts a test to anything other
than a newsgroup created specifically for that test is about
99-percent likely to ba a failure, and deserves to be labeled
as such.

Of course, given the common intelligence of humans, failure is
normal, and if a C is the normal run-of-the-mill ranking maybe we
should abolish the F entirely and just hand out C how stupid you
are grades.

Cheers!

jim beard

--
UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
expects users to be computer-friendly.
Old November 23rd 08, 06:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
CareBear[_2_]

"CareBear" wrote in message
Test

Grade: C-

That's better than an F

Grade inflation. Anyone who posts a test to anything other
than a newsgroup created specifically for that test is about 99-percent
likely to ba a failure, and deserves to be labeled
as such.

Of course, given the common intelligence of humans, failure is normal, and
if a C is the normal run-of-the-mill ranking maybe we should abolish the F
entirely and just hand out C how stupid you
are grades.

Cheers!

jim beard

--
UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
expects users to be computer-friendly.

I'm glad you don't run this newsgroup. I sent the test because I had to
rebuild my computer and wanted to verify that things were working ok. If
that offends you, sorry. If you consider "Anyone who posts a test to
anything other than a newsgroup created specifically for that test is about
99-percent likely to ba a failure, and deserves to be labeled
as such" then you are sadly mistaken. I'm sure you meant be a failure, not
ba a failure.

Cheers back at you.

Old November 23rd 08, 10:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

"CareBear" wrote in message

[...]

I'm glad you don't run this newsgroup. I sent the test because I had
to rebuild my computer and wanted to verify that things were working
ok. If that offends you, sorry.

In what way would sending a test message to alt.test or any of the many
other test groups have not verified that your rebuilt PC was working
properly?

Old November 24th 08, 12:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
CareBear[_2_]

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"CareBear" wrote in message
Test

Grade: C-

That's better than an F
Grade inflation. Anyone who posts a test to anything other
than a newsgroup created specifically for that test is about 99-percent
likely to ba a failure, and deserves to be labeled
as such.

Of course, given the common intelligence of humans, failure is normal,
and
if a C is the normal run-of-the-mill ranking maybe we should abolish
the F
entirely and just hand out C how stupid you
are grades.

Cheers!

jim beard

--
UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
expects users to be computer-friendly.

I'm glad you don't run this newsgroup.

You should be overjoyed that no one runs this newsgroup.

I sent the test because I had to
rebuild my computer and wanted to verify that things were working ok.

There are groups for that purpose. Flaunting your ignorance?

If
that offends you, sorry. If you consider "Anyone who posts a test to
anything other than a newsgroup created specifically for that test is
about
99-percent likely to ba a failure, and deserves to be labeled
as such" then you are sadly mistaken.

No he's not. It's just that you find the truth painful.

I'm sure you meant be a failure, not
ba a failure.

Cheers back at you.

Bill
--
GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

Whatever.....you and anyone else can have the last word. End of my replies.

CareBear