No more fullscreen video mirror controls in NVIDIA drivers 178.

Old September 26th 08, 03:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant

Default No more fullscreen video mirror controls in NVIDIA drivers 178.

I saw "Removed Full-screen video mirror controls from NVIDIA Control
Panel" in release 178 on page 8 in
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease_Notes.pdf

Currently, I am using 174.74_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_beta.exe which
works OK. I haven't upgraded my video card driver for a while. What was
the last driver release (beta or certified) before 178? No more NVIDIA
cards and driver after 178 for me.

Thank you in advance.
--
"It is not enough to be industrious; so are the ants. What are you
industrious about?" --Henry David Thoreau
\ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or

Old September 26th 08, 11:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window..._Release_Notes
.pdf

Currently, I am using 174.74_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_beta.exe which
works OK. I haven't upgraded my video card driver for a while. What was
the last driver release (beta or certified) before 178? No more NVIDIA
cards and driver after 178 for me.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure , but its a fact that Microsoft required Nvidia to do this.
Old September 27th 08, 06:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant

On 9/26/2008 3:21 PM PT, GMAN typed:

I saw "Removed Full-screen video mirror controls from NVIDIA Control
Panel" in release 178 on page 8 in
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window..._Release_Notes
.pdf

Currently, I am using 174.74_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_beta.exe which
works OK. I haven't upgraded my video card driver for a while. What was
the last driver release (beta or certified) before 178? No more NVIDIA
cards and driver after 178 for me.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure , but its a fact that Microsoft required Nvidia to do this.

Then, how come ATI still has its options and full screen? How are we
supposed to watch videos fullscreen on our secondary displays like TVs then?
--
"I go out of my way to avoid stepping on ants." --Terry McGovern,
daughter of Senator George and Eleanor McGovern, subject of the book

Old September 27th 08, 06:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant

On 9/26/2008 5:58 PM PT, Steve Rogers typed:

I saw "Removed Full-screen video mirror controls from NVIDIA Control
Panel" in release 178 on page 8 in
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window..._Release_Notes
.pdf

Currently, I am using 174.74_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_beta.exe which
works OK. I haven't upgraded my video card driver for a while. What was
the last driver release (beta or certified) before 178? No more NVIDIA
cards and driver after 178 for me.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure , but its a fact that Microsoft required Nvidia to do this.

Why?

I think because of DRM/copy protection.
--
"... [Let us inquire] what glory there was in an omnipotent being
torturing forever a puny little creature who could in no way defend

Old September 27th 08, 08:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skipai Otter[_2_]

"Ant" wrote in message
m...
On 9/26/2008 5:58 PM PT, Steve Rogers typed:

I saw "Removed Full-screen video mirror controls from NVIDIA Control
Panel" in release 178 on page 8 in
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window..._Release_Notes
.pdf ....

Currently, I am using 174.74_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_beta.exe which
works OK. I haven't upgraded my video card driver for a while. What was
the last driver release (beta or certified) before 178? No more NVIDIA
cards and driver after 178 for me.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure , but its a fact that Microsoft required Nvidia to do this.

Why?

I think because of DRM/copy protection.

I think most companies are going way too overboard with this DRM rubbish
really. Shame the public don't have what it takes to buycott products with
any sort of DRM built in. *shrugs*

--
Skipai

Old September 27th 08, 08:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skipai Otter[_2_]

"Ant" wrote in message
m...
On 9/26/2008 3:21 PM PT, GMAN typed:

I saw "Removed Full-screen video mirror controls from NVIDIA Control
Panel" in release 178 on page 8 in
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window..._Release_Notes
.pdf ....

Currently, I am using 174.74_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_beta.exe which
works OK. I haven't upgraded my video card driver for a while. What was
the last driver release (beta or certified) before 178? No more NVIDIA
cards and driver after 178 for me.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure , but its a fact that Microsoft required Nvidia to do this.

Then, how come ATI still has its options and full screen? How are we
supposed to watch videos fullscreen on our secondary displays like TVs
then?

Buy an ATI card and stop buying nvidia until they realise income is way too
down and have to rebring it back in on a future card, regardless of what
Microsoft says.

--
Skipai

Old September 27th 08, 02:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim Beard[_2_]

Skipai Otter wrote:
"Ant" wrote in message
m...
On 9/26/2008 5:58 PM PT, Steve Rogers typed:

I saw "Removed Full-screen video mirror controls from NVIDIA Control
Panel" in release 178 on page 8 in
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window..._Release_Notes
.pdf ....

Currently, I am using 174.74_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_beta.exe which
works OK. I haven't upgraded my video card driver for a while. What was
the last driver release (beta or certified) before 178? No more NVIDIA
cards and driver after 178 for me.

Thank you in advance.
Not sure , but its a fact that Microsoft required Nvidia to do this.

Why?

I think because of DRM/copy protection.

I think most companies are going way too overboard with this DRM rubbish
really. Shame the public don't have what it takes to buycott products with
any sort of DRM built in. *shrugs*

Actually, I suspect much and maybe most of the public is as capable
of installing and using some flavors of Linux as that are of
installing and using Vista. The Ubuntu/Kubuntu and Mandriva
distributions come to mind.

This does trade problems with DRM for problems with proprietary and
patented formats and software.

Of course, if one can get a copy of the Micro$loth OS complete (you
may be able to get it cheap when you buy a machine with it loaded),
you can install Linux and then run VirtualBox or VMware with a
Micro$loth guest OS available. The effect is that of dual-booting,
except instead of choosing your OS at time to boot you boot the
native Linux, then load first the VM and then the guest OS. Changing
from one OS to the other can be as simple as a click of the mouse.

Cheers!

jim b.

--
UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
expects users to be computer-friendly.
Old September 28th 08, 01:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant

On 9/27/2008 12:35 AM PT, Skipai Otter typed:

[...]

I'd like to, but I don't have the money to buy another gaming card to
replace my old GeForce 7950 GT KO video card.
--
"An ant can do more than an ox that is lying down." --unknown
/\___/\

Old September 28th 08, 06:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
nospam

"Ant" wrote in message m...
[...]

Use 174.xx and WinXP if you need full screen video mirroring:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...ted=1169076830

http://tinyurl.com/24r456

Vista users are **** outta luck.

Old September 28th 08, 05:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant

On 9/27/2008 10:25 PM PT, nospam typed:
[...]

Thanks. I recalled using 175.16 driver before I downgraded to 174.16
beta, and it broke my TV out:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=68754 (my thread). What's
the latest 174.16 driver? Is it the 174.16 beta? Too many driver versions!

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...ted=1169076830

Wow. NVIDIA disses on us.

http://tinyurl.com/24r456

Vista users are **** outta luck.

/me hates Vista!
--
"All the best work is done the way that ants do things -- by tiny but
untiring and regular additions." --Lafcadio Hearn