PS3-X360 developer spills his experience: ATI Xenos GPU in X360 is superior to Nvidia RSX in PS3 for graphics rendering

Old December 30th 06, 01:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Sammus McMouldenus

Default So what?

Brenden D. Chase wrote:

Mind fetching me a link for this dumping of consoles?? And what makes you
think its not just those Ebaying idiots trying to get their monies back??

I did earlier, and how exactly are they getting their monies back by
exchanging for a Wii?

Old December 30th 06, 02:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Brenden D. Chase

Default PS3-X360 developer spills his experience: ATI Xenos GPU in X360 is superior to Nvidia RSX in PS3 for graphics rendering

"Unmutual" wrote in message
g.com...
RMZ wrote:
Sony put all their focus into the cell processor, it may be "bleeding
edge", but how much better than the 360 is yet to be determined. The
first run games look no better than 360 titles. The processing power
alone is nothing without a quality real-time rendering engine to
utilize that power. It's up to Sony to meet that challenge and give
developers the tools to tap into the power of the PS3, so far it sounds
like they have not. That will be a challenge for them, because it takes
some really brilliant minds to push the envelope with 3D engine
technology and in order to do that the engineers must first fully
understand the hardware.

But In a recent interview one Playstation representative said
"developers will never fully tap the power of the PS3...", with that
comment I'm thinking. great, then you'll never need a PS4.

I was fairly astonished by that comment. He said it as if it was a good
thing where instead it essentially confirms the theory that the PS3 is a
bugger to program for. No point in having all that power if noone can
actually use it!

How about that maybe the PS4 really isn't coming in 2011-2012, and that the
PS3 will be around for quite some time longer that the typical console
lifecycle. After all, the focus is "media center" capabilities.

Old December 30th 06, 02:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
spaceman

Same thing happened last generation. I told all you dumb****s that the
PS2 was more powerful than the Xbox in a few areas yet no one listened.
But companies like Konami and Criterion also pointed out exactly what I
said and they proved it with games. (MGS2 still doesn't run worth ****
on Xbox and GT4 not only still looks better than any racing game Xbox
will ever have, it's 60fps @ 1080i)

actually that's not true. no one has proven **** with that ****ty hardware,
and the vast majority of xbox games look better than ps2 games and always
will. mgs doesn't run as smooth on the xbox because it wasn't optimized for
it. and no, gt4 doesn't look as good as forza. it's getting old having to
listen to you people cling to that notion, when i have both games and i'm
able to run them side by side in the same room on identical displays. also,
gt4's fake 1080i looks like ****, even compared to true 480p.

Now there is no way the PS2 could do many of the exclusive Xbox games.
They are using pixel shaders and high quailty textures for things like
normal mapping which requires a lot of gpu intensive math. I'm not
saying the PS2 is more powerful than the Xbox overall, I'm just saying
it iS more powerful in a few areas. It's framebuffer and fillrate not
to mention floating point math hardware helps out a bit too!

numbers aren't ****, and we all know how sony construes numbers. the games
are what are important, and the games clearly show the xbox being superior,
and that numbers don't mean ****.

Please listen to me this time and don't make a fool of yourself again.

Both consoles will have strengths over the other. This time around the
Xbox360 has the framebuffer and possibly fillrate advantage, but it
lacks in just about every other area.

(As if the Xbox360 could pull off resistance or motorstorm... lol)

you must be joking.... get over it. sony basically lost the hardware war
again. the 360 has proven so far that their games have more visual impact
whether it's textures, color depth or framerate, and every developer will
tell you that the hardware is all around much more balanced. for ****s sake
don't go another generation trying to hold onto something that isn't there.
just be happy that you have a ps3 and let us xbox owners have the
satisfaction of knowing our games will yet again be slightly better than
yours.

Old December 30th 06, 02:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Brenden D. Chase

"Sammus McMouldenus" wrote in message
ps.com...

Brenden D. Chase wrote:
"Paul Heslop" wrote in message
GT-Force wrote:

Did you mean the 360 was trailing???
http://www.playfuls.com:80/news_0565...mas_Sales.html

I'm sure he meant the "overall" sales. Since 360 was out for a long
time,
others need time to catch up. The link you provided shows ONLY
pre-christmas
sale numbers, not the TOTAL number of units sold so far. Just an
educated
guess though, I do not have time to dig the numbers for you (you do
that,
if
you have to).

GT

But the fanboys would use that as a stick, doesn't matter how exact it
is, as long as it backs up their arguments. Pity some of them can't
spend more time playing and less time searching for tidbits on the
net. (Note is used the tidbits spelling in case any of them got any
funny ideas and we had to put up with shaky writing?)

I get Google alert emails for certain subjects, PS3 being one of them. It
was one of the few headlines talking about sales. I found it interesting
that Blig hadn't seen it yet and posted it to holy hell, so I used it.

I spend more time playing games than on here now that I've gotten a PS3.

Good for you. Shame your PS2 didn't provide you with much entertainment
before, I just hope the PS3 doesn't go the same way :-)

what are you talking about? My PS2 is just fine, in the bedroom on the SD
TV. I kept it around because my girlfriend likes to game as well. And well
two people wanting to play at the same time, and there can be some
arguments. LOL. I just bought her a DS for christmas, she's hooked on
Nintendogs for the moment.

Old December 30th 06, 02:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Brenden D. Chase

"Sammus McMouldenus" wrote in message
oups.com...

Brenden D. Chase wrote:

Mind fetching me a link for this dumping of consoles?? And what makes
you
think its not just those Ebaying idiots trying to get their monies back??

I did earlier, and how exactly are they getting their monies back by
exchanging for a Wii?

1.. An item of value between two parties used for the exchange of goods or
services.

You don't think that the Wii is valuable?? I'm sure there's got to be some
store credit coming their way as well... maybe some accessories, etc.

Old December 30th 06, 02:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Brenden D. Chase

Brenden D. Chase wrote:

Mind fetching me a link for this dumping of consoles?? And what makes
you
think its not just those Ebaying idiots trying to get their monies
back??

I did earlier, and how exactly are they getting their monies back by
exchanging for a Wii?

1.. An item of value between two parties used for the exchange of goods
or
services.

You don't think that the Wii is valuable?? I'm sure there's got to be
some
store credit coming their way as well... maybe some accessories, etc.

eah, hatever.

giving up? Impressive!

Old December 30th 06, 06:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Paul Heslop

"Brenden D. Chase" wrote:

But the fanboys would use that as a stick, doesn't matter how exact it
is, as long as it backs up their arguments. Pity some of them can't
spend more time playing and less time searching for tidbits on the
net. (Note is used the tidbits spelling in case any of them got any
funny ideas and we had to put up with shaky writing?)

I get Google alert emails for certain subjects, PS3 being one of them. It
was one of the few headlines talking about sales. I found it interesting
that Blig hadn't seen it yet and posted it to holy hell, so I used it.

I spend more time playing games than on here now that I've gotten a PS3.

:O) If only the ubertrolls would do likewise :O)

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Old December 30th 06, 11:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
Sammus McMouldenus

Paul Heslop wrote:
"Brenden D. Chase" wrote:

But the fanboys would use that as a stick, doesn't matter how exact it
is, as long as it backs up their arguments. Pity some of them can't
spend more time playing and less time searching for tidbits on the
net. (Note is used the tidbits spelling in case any of them got any
funny ideas and we had to put up with shaky writing?)

I get Google alert emails for certain subjects, PS3 being one of them. It
was one of the few headlines talking about sales. I found it interesting
that Blig hadn't seen it yet and posted it to holy hell, so I used it.

I spend more time playing games than on here now that I've gotten a PS3.

:O) If only the ubertrolls would do likewise :O)

Oh, but then you wouldnt have so much fun posting flamebait!