Logitech cordless - for Logitech fans Compusa is selling it for $20 or so after rebate I think

Old January 31st 05, 07:02 AM

Default Logitech cordless - for Logitech fans Compusa is selling it for $20 or so after rebate I think

Started today. It looks pretty cool.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...996&pfp=BROWSE
Old February 1st 05, 12:10 PM
philo

" wrote in message
Started today. It looks pretty cool.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...996&pfp=BROWSE

unless this mouse is the type that has a recharging cradle...
i'd recommend against it.
i recently *threw out* my cordless logitech mouse due to exceedingly poor
battery life!
it was insane!

Old February 1st 05, 01:52 PM
kony

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 06:10:27 -0600, "philo"
wrote:

" wrote in message
.. .
Started today. It looks pretty cool.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...996&pfp=BROWSE

unless this mouse is the type that has a recharging cradle...
i'd recommend against it.
i recently *threw out* my cordless logitech mouse due to exceedingly poor
battery life!
it was insane!

You can buy rechargeable batteries... Sure you'd have to
swap 'em out every couple weeks but that's the sacrifice
with their less expensive models.
Old February 1st 05, 02:27 PM

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 06:10:27 -0600, "philo" wrote:

" wrote in message
.. .
Started today. It looks pretty cool.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...996&pfp=BROWSE

unless this mouse is the type that has a recharging cradle...
i'd recommend against it.
i recently *threw out* my cordless logitech mouse due to exceedingly poor
battery life!
it was insane!

How long did they last?
This is the first one Ive used -- the MS Intellimouse that I posted
about and Ive had it for a week and its going strong. I used to think
you had to swap batteries out every other day - horror stories like
that. But this isnt bad. If it goes for a month thats not bad.

I have lots of rechargeables laying around too since Ive got two Olys
that use AA rechargeables.

Old February 1st 05, 03:32 PM

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:52:50 GMT, kony wrote:

You can buy rechargeable batteries... Sure you'd have to
swap 'em out every couple weeks but that's the sacrifice
with their less expensive models.

Besides the MS intellimouse and optical Im a big fan of the MS
multimedia ergo Keyboards too. If you pay the retail price they are
like most of the fancy KBs a gross out $40-50.

But if you do a simple search online you can find it for $11-14 in
the past for the OEM. The place I got mine at did hike the price so it
might be $14-18 or so nowadays.

Anyway its got a lot of extra buttons which I frankly dont use but its
a real ergo and its dark gray at the top and bottom and a darker than
usual light gray in the middle so the whole thing doesnt show dirt as
easily. I bought two of them I like them so much.

The old natural MS ergo is good too but its too white. It gets filthy
looking around here in no time.

Old February 1st 05, 04:11 PM
Noozer

Besides the MS intellimouse and optical Im a big fan of the MS
multimedia ergo Keyboards too. If you pay the retail price they are
like most of the fancy KBs a gross out $40-50.

I stopped buying MS keyboards when they got rid of the INSERT key added the
stupid F-keys as default instead of F1-12 and doubled the DELETE key.

Old February 1st 05, 07:37 PM
kony

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:11:34 GMT, "Noozer"
wrote:

Besides the MS intellimouse and optical Im a big fan of the MS
multimedia ergo Keyboards too. If you pay the retail price they are
like most of the fancy KBs a gross out $40-50.

I stopped buying MS keyboards when they got rid of the INSERT key added the
stupid F-keys as default instead of F1-12 and doubled the DELETE key.

heh, you noticed that too! Quite annoying when they can't
just leave the standard keyboard layout alone.
Old February 1st 05, 08:56 PM
philo

" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 06:10:27 -0600, "philo" wrote:

" wrote in message
. ..
Started today. It looks pretty cool.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...996&pfp=BROWSE

unless this mouse is the type that has a recharging cradle...
i'd recommend against it.
i recently *threw out* my cordless logitech mouse due to exceedingly poor
battery life!
it was insane!

How long did they last?
This is the first one Ive used -- the MS Intellimouse that I posted
about and Ive had it for a week and its going strong. I used to think
you had to swap batteries out every other day - horror stories like
that. But this isnt bad. If it goes for a month thats not bad.

I have lots of rechargeables laying around too since Ive got two Olys
that use AA rechargeables.

with the best alkaline batteries i could find...
the mouse would work for a month or so...
it may not sound too bad...but after you've had it for a while
it gets to be very annoying...
.... it always seemed to go dead at the wrong time!
it drove me nuts...

the variety of mouse that uses a re-charge cradle is the only thing that
makes any
sense to me

Old February 2nd 05, 03:13 AM

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:11:34 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

Besides the MS intellimouse and optical Im a big fan of the MS
multimedia ergo Keyboards too. If you pay the retail price they are
like most of the fancy KBs a gross out $40-50.

I stopped buying MS keyboards when they got rid of the INSERT key added the
stupid F-keys as default instead of F1-12 and doubled the DELETE key.

That doesnt bug me too much. The one thing I have to have is a split
ergo design and thats really unpopular now. Not a heck of a lot of
split ergos nowadays though they are still around if you look.

The thing that REALLY bug me is the mini halfsize key design.
They use them for Function keys and the arrow keys now. That I cant
stand especially if you use the arrow keys to move in games.