Various Problems with Dell Lattitude D820

Old September 21st 17, 06:01 AM posted to alt.computer,alt.comp.hardware,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Se7en[_2_]

Default Various Problems with Dell Lattitude D820

Now, I have previously posted about my old laptop losing the torque in
its hinge. Now I have an assortment of new problems and I don't know
if it is the time to get a new one or just replace some components. I
should probably tell you some major things about it.

In July, I spilt a Coke-a-cola on my computer. I let it dry out (which
was hard as I was homeless at the time). The next day I found the
newspaper I had put between it was soaked, it still refused to boot,
and it was sticky. I was able to pay for the thing to be given a
Hydrogen Peroxide bath.

After I got that back, the computer had the following problems: The
touchpoint did not work correctly, and the left speaker failed to work
anymore. The touchpad was glitchy too but that was resolved by
physically disconnecting the touchpoint.

Now after this had happened it seemed fine and dandy. When I got my
new place everything seemed ok. Now, I have issues that I don't know
if they are related to the initial coke-a-cola spill.

My Hard Drive is audibly struggling. I am afraid it will fail soon and
am backing up data. I can easily replace the HDD, so this isn't a
major concern.Next, the torque in my laptop hinge went out (as I asked
about before) so now I must prop up the screen in order to use the
laptop. Next, my laptop battery shorted out (just a few days
ago). First, the battery only held a 30 minute charge, now the BIOS
fails to find it. I have confirmed it's the battery, not the
contacts. Now, the CMOS resets itself when I unplug the laptop.

Also things seem to drive up the RAM and CPU usage that should not,
such as casual web browsing on non-Web **** websites. (I use Surf).

Opinions on whether or not I should spend my time replacing each part
or should I just get a thinkpad?

--
|-----/ | Se7en
/ The One and Only! | l