Wireless keyboard: BlueTooth or reg wirleless?

Old July 18th 05, 01:56 AM

Default Wireless keyboard: BlueTooth or reg wirleless?

I want to buy a wireless keyboard for controlling a
media PC or laptop.

I'm confused on what to get. Should I go for BlueTooth
model or regular wireless model? And why?

TIA
Old July 18th 05, 03:17 AM
Conor

In article , says...
I want to buy a wireless keyboard for controlling a
media PC or laptop.

I'm confused on what to get. Should I go for BlueTooth
model or regular wireless model? And why?

Both have their drawbacks IMO making one no better than the other. Go
for one that gives the best battery life and has a mouse with a docking
cradle for recharging. Try to get them with rechargable batteries built
in.

--
Conor

Old July 18th 05, 03:54 AM
John Doe

Conor wrote:
In article ,

I want to buy a wireless keyboard for controlling a
media PC or laptop.
I'm confused on what to get. Should I go for BlueTooth
model or regular wireless model? And why?

Wireless devices can be problematic. Maybe you should buy from a
local store, especially if range is your concern. Do not believe
Logitech's (and probably others) claims about transmission range.

I have not used Bluetooth. My Logitech radio frequency wireless
devices have worked very well, but I don't care much about range.

Good luck.

Both have their drawbacks IMO making one no better than the
other. Go for one that gives the best battery life and has a
mouse with a docking cradle for recharging. Try to get them with
rechargable batteries built in.

Rechargeable batteries, including built in, would be a waste on my
cordless keyboard since alkalines last for at least six months.
Old July 18th 05, 03:37 PM

I'm confused on what to get. Should I go for BlueTooth
model or regular wireless model? And why?

Both have their drawbacks IMO

I was under the impression that the BT units have much
greater range? True?
Old July 18th 05, 04:10 PM
Conor

In article , says...
I'm confused on what to get. Should I go for BlueTooth
model or regular wireless model? And why?

Both have their drawbacks IMO

I was under the impression that the BT units have much
greater range? True?

30ft in ideal circumstances.

--
Conor