DVI problems with Nvidia gpu and Dell lcds

Old January 19th 04, 05:08 PM
Alan Olson

Default DVI problems with Nvidia gpu and Dell lcds

Last week my DVI quit working with my Dell 1900FP lcd and my ASUS
V9520 vga card (geforce fx 5200 gpu). Someone on this forum pointed
to a support forum over at Dell - thank you.

There are literally hundreds of complaints over there regarding Dell
lcds on Nvdia adapters. There is a dvi_recover utility posted over
there which restores the EDID in the lcd so it can recover from the
permanent power save state. This utility solved my problem.

There is apparently some incompatibility with the dvi connection
between Dell and Nvidia.

Regards,
Alan Olson

"I though I was confused, but now I'm not sure."
Old January 20th 04, 12:17 PM
Nick (no dashes)

Alan Olson wrote:

Last week my DVI quit working with my Dell 1900FP lcd and my ASUS
V9520 vga card (geforce fx 5200 gpu). Someone on this forum pointed
to a support forum over at Dell - thank you.

There are literally hundreds of complaints over there regarding Dell
lcds on Nvdia adapters. There is a dvi_recover utility posted over
there which restores the EDID in the lcd so it can recover from the
permanent power save state. This utility solved my problem.

There is apparently some incompatibility with the dvi connection
between Dell and Nvidia.

Regards,
Alan Olson

"I though I was confused, but now I'm not sure."

great - I'm waiting for delivery of my 2001FP ;(

Actually, thanks for posting. At least if I have that problem I won't
break sweat!