P4C800 mobo beeps

Old June 22nd 03, 03:07 PM
Ron Miller

Default P4C800 mobo beeps

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:01:46 GMT, "Colin"
wrote:

Hi,

I dont use the Voice Reporter of this mobo as I have an Audigy 2 instead of
the onboard (Voice Reporter only works with the onboard sound?).

I have started getting beeps during boot up - tho everything does seem to be
ok once in windows.
I am hearing: beep, short pause, beep, beep, beep

Anyone know what this indicates? Also where can i get compatible USB2.0
modules to plug onto the motherboard headers?

Thanks,

Colin

How many USB devices are connected at bootup?
Old June 22nd 03, 04:30 PM
SDR

My P4C800 beeps once for every USB device I have, currently 2.

--
SDR
Remove "NOSPAM" if replying by e-mail

Old June 22nd 03, 11:39 PM
Colin

Ah! I have four devices - mouse, webcam, printer & scanner.

Will turn off printer & scanner before next boot and see what happens. Good
grief - -if i ever get 8 devices plugged in it will take ages to boot due to
all the beeps!

Cheers,

Colin

Old June 23rd 03, 06:20 AM
Colin

I could, but why would I when it is better than the onboard sound? Unless u
mean just for one boot up, to listen to the report?

But , it is the USB devices - only 2 beeps this morning, webcam & mouse the
only devices in.

Bit daft they make no mention of this in the manual - or none i could find

Colin

t...

Old June 23rd 03, 04:04 PM
jeninga

On the P4T533-C there is a jumper which allows you to set the Voice Reporter
to use either onboard sound or the chassis speaker. I suspect that the
P4C800 has the same option, which will let you use the Voice Reporter
without disabling your sound card.

Old June 24th 03, 07:40 PM
Colin

Unfortunately there is no option for this on the P4C800 that i can see.
Unless someone can tell me otherwise. Does seem a bit bizarre that u cannot
use the speech reporter if u opt for a better sound card than the onboard
default.

Colin

Bad mobo? wayneP Homebuilt PC's 7 December 23rd 04 10:00 AM
AN7 MOBO - getting random beeps only when playing games TomS Abit Motherboards 0 January 16th 04 04:21 AM
2 beeps on startup and no HDD LED - P4 Asus p4c800 - E delux Gkenney Homebuilt PC's 3 December 24th 03 06:49 PM
Random 2 tone beeps - second try Stephane Hebert General 8 October 27th 03 06:36 PM
Random 2 tone beeps Stephane Hebert General 0 October 20th 03 03:37 PM