Motherboard wont turn off properly

Old December 11th 03, 01:27 AM
Shep©

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:12:42 -0600 Not letting inanimate objects know
I'm a in a hurry "Mark H" wrote :

Hi all.
I have just built a new system with a Gigabyte GA- K8NNXP Socket 754
motherboard. It works fine however when I shut the system down with either
the power button or through windows shutdown the system turns off but then
in about 1 or 2 seconds turns back on. I have disable any wake up things in
the BIOS and all Power managment items.I have also tried a diffferent power
supply. This happens even with only Motherboard, processeor and memory
installed
Any help would be apprecieated
Thanks in advance
Mark

What operating system?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de
Old December 11th 03, 01:56 AM
Strontium

Check for updates to the motherboard's BIOS, through Gigabyte's website.
Before that, make sure ACPI is enabled in 'power management' in the Control
Panel.

-
Mark H stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

Hi all.
I have just built a new system with a Gigabyte GA- K8NNXP Socket 754
motherboard. It works fine however when I shut the system down with
either the power button or through windows shutdown the system turns
off but then in about 1 or 2 seconds turns back on. I have disable
any wake up things in the BIOS and all Power managment items.I have
also tried a diffferent power supply. This happens even with only
Motherboard, processeor and memory installed
Any help would be apprecieated
Thanks in advance
Mark

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Old December 11th 03, 05:01 PM
booster

have you tried holding down the powerbutton for about 5 seconds so it
completely shuts down?
om.au...

Old December 12th 03, 04:06 AM

This is probably related to the CDRW drive and the DMA settings this
is a common problem with the Roxio Software for Easy CD Writer. Some
versions are just incompatible with XP.

Old December 12th 03, 11:48 PM
Mark H

Hi
I think it is because of the dual power system on the Gigabyte board. I am
going to test it tomorrow and see for sure
Mark