Atari/Epic are you listening? Patch causes: loss of user info, etc

Old August 21st 04, 03:52 PM
Scotter

Default Atari/Epic are you listening? Patch causes: loss of user info, etc

I installed the latest UT2004 patch and lost:
(a) my user info - assuming because of replace of some ini file
(b) my custom keyboard settings
(c) even after reputting these settings in, like using arrow keys to move, I
get into a game and can't move.
I suppose I'll reinstall UT2004 from scratch and see what happens but this
is ANNOYING.
Atari/Epic Games are you listening?
And hey isn't it kinda 1990's for you to give us these patches we have to
manually copy files from a folder to folders on our hard drive? What
happened to an executable patch? Is it because of fear of viri?
How hard is it to create an executable patch that does not overwrite my user
info/keyboard settings, etc?
/end rant

--
Scotter

Old August 21st 04, 04:14 PM
Folk

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:52:37 GMT, "Scotter" wrote:

I installed the latest UT2004 patch and lost:
(a) my user info - assuming because of replace of some ini file
(b) my custom keyboard settings
(c) even after reputting these settings in, like using arrow keys to move, I
get into a game and can't move.
I suppose I'll reinstall UT2004 from scratch and see what happens but this
is ANNOYING.
Atari/Epic Games are you listening?
And hey isn't it kinda 1990's for you to give us these patches we have to
manually copy files from a folder to folders on our hard drive? What
happened to an executable patch? Is it because of fear of viri?
How hard is it to create an executable patch that does not overwrite my user
info/keyboard settings, etc?
/end rant

Heh. Wrong group.

But always backup your System directory before installing a patch. At
the least, you should backup your UT2004 and User .ini files.

And FWIW, none of the patches are supposed to overwrite you .ini
files... it didn't overwrite mine, but caca occurs, so....

0.5sec delay in S/PDIF output stream causes loss of audio Agamemnon Abit Motherboards 8 January 21st 05 05:20 PM
writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 08:57 AM
Nero help needed foghat Cdr 0 May 31st 04 08:23 PM
Flood of virus and patch warnings from Microsoft. Is a new worm loose or is it spam? Phil Weldon Overclocking 28 September 21st 03 05:34 AM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM