ati 1300 pro to nvidia 7800gt

Old August 24th 08, 11:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
KCB

Default ati 1300 pro to nvidia 7800gt

I gave a friend the 7800GT to try before he pays me $50 for it. He says
his ATI 1300Pro ran his games better. That can't be right, can it?

Old August 25th 08, 12:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

"KCB" wrote in message
I gave a friend the 7800GT to try before he pays me $50 for it. He says
his ATI 1300Pro ran his games better. That can't be right, can it?

No, it can't be right. I would bet, however, that he did not properly remove
all vestiges of the ATI drivers before installing the new nVidia ones. Or he
has not installed the proper drivers for the 7800GT. I recall that several
years ago when I moved from a 9800 Pro to a 7800GTX that I ran into similar
issues. Using Driver Cleaner cleared it up....

Old August 25th 08, 12:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Fishface

KCB wrote:

I gave a friend the 7800GT to try before he pays me $50 for it. He says his ATI 1300Pro ran his games better. That
can't be right, can it?

Here's a chart which ranks relative performance:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...rd,1987-6.html

Old August 25th 08, 01:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Larry Roberts

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:44:16 -0400, "KCB"
wrote:

I gave a friend the 7800GT to try before he pays me $50 for it. He says
his ATI 1300Pro ran his games better. That can't be right, can it?

I had an X1300Pro 128MB DDR3 in a s939 Athlon 64
3800+. I now have a 7600GT in it, and the 7600GT is way better.
Old August 25th 08, 03:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

1. The games need to re-autodetect the video card, build up new shader
files, etc.
2. Reminents of ATi drivers interfering with the new card.

Of course, this is assuming your friend doesn't want to back out of the deal
or negotiate a lower price. :-)

Old August 25th 08, 09:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Derek[_2_]

"KCB" wrote in message
I gave a friend the 7800GT to try before he pays me $50 for it. He says
his ATI 1300Pro ran his games better. That can't be right, can it?

another thought the game may be card specific and he didn't run the setup
routine to recognise the new card??

Derek

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1300 [email protected] Nvidia Videocards 3 August 9th 06 03:37 PM
What's min. CPU for a 7800GT SLi? Me Nvidia Videocards 1 December 14th 05 02:49 AM
7800GT AGP Marni Nvidia Videocards 11 November 1st 05 07:36 PM
With my 7800GT.. Me Nvidia Videocards 2 August 18th 05 06:38 AM
DirectX 8.1 on nVidia Quadro FX 1300 problem! Yellong Cao Nvidia Videocards 4 October 13th 04 06:29 PM