E-Buyer Returns - My experience, to date

Old September 29th 04, 11:28 AM
Paul Baker

Default E-Buyer Returns - My experience, to date

My first experience of the E-Buyer returns process:-

11.9.04 – DVD Burner developed faults. It was more than 30 days old
but less than 6 months so I e-mailed E-Buyer requesting return
authorisation;

14.09.04 – Nothing heard so I sent an e-note stating if nothing heard
in 24 hours I would contact credit card company;

15.09.04 – Received confirmation that it was o.k to return item;

17.09.04 – Confirmation that burner was received and awaiting testing;

27.9.04 (12.30'ish) – Confirmation received that the burner is faulty.
This is where the process has got silly. They have placed an order for
a discontinued item. The order notes state that the item is
discontinued and that I can select another item. However, the option
to remove an item from the order is not there as it is a returns order
and not a normal sales order.

27.9.04 (1.30'ish) – Sent an E-note (you can no longer E-mail E-buyer,
you have to use the E-note system) stating the above problem and
querying what is being done about it?

29.09.04 – No response to e-notes yet. In fact, the e-note screen is
stating it has not even started processing yet. I cannot raise another
to chase either as it says you can only have one opened at any one
time. Tried to phone but could not get through, then finally managed
but had to give up after 20 minutes on hold;

It has taken nearly three weeks now and I still have no replacement
for something I knew was faulty. I am sure the manufacturer would have
dealt with it quicker.
Old September 29th 04, 11:48 AM
Mike

"Paul Baker" wrote in message
om...
My first experience of the E-Buyer returns process:-

the shorter version:
---
sent a faulty product back to ebuyer on 17th sept. 8 working days later im
still waiting.
----

that's pretty good so far, i sent a camera back to dabs. it took 25
working days to get it back!.

Old September 29th 04, 01:38 PM
SwissTony

29.09.04 - No response to e-notes yet. In fact, the e-note screen is
stating it has not even started processing yet. I cannot raise another
to chase either as it says you can only have one opened at any one
time. Tried to phone but could not get through, then finally managed
but had to give up after 20 minutes on hold;

..
Best thing to do is phone this number 0114 2016965 at 9 in the morning
This number is the same as this 0870 4670753 but a bit cheaper.

Old September 29th 04, 05:18 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

Paul Baker wrote:

My first experience of the E-Buyer returns process:-

If you don't have the patience to wait 2 days for a reply to an enote
before wasting your time on a phoneline, then I suggest you never buy
from ebuyer again. In fact, you should give up buying online altogether.

thanks for the heads up that ebuyer "no longer use email but an enotes
system"... (wonders what century Paul is working in)

g.
Old September 29th 04, 05:55 PM
Paul

1. my understanding is that the e-note system was introduced so that they
could get back to customers within 24 hours;

2. I did not say that I did not have the patience to wait 2 days, I said I
have not received a reply to date, and phoned to check progress.

3. I thought i would post my experience as i have noticed a few ppl in this
newsgroup aksing "what is e-buyer like", "what happens when something goes
wrong", etc.

4. Not everyone understands the difference between e-notes and e-mail, just
because you do it does not mean eveyone else reading the posts will. I know
a hell of a lot about vesting pension rules for pre 98 contracting out
benefits, I don't post tetchy bloody messages when people post in the
pensions newsgroups because they may not understand.

If I posted sarcastic replies to every newsgroup post I did not find useful
it would consume most of my day, I therefore pitty your sorry existence.

I hope someone found it useful anyway!

Old September 29th 04, 08:14 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

Paul wrote:

I hope someone found it useful anyway!

ooooo get you with yer handbags and stuff.

Paul, its just that ebuyer along with most if not all the vendors are
pretty poor when things go wrong.
Rule number one is patience with them.

I've purchased tons of stuff with all of them and obviously there have
been returns and ****ups, but all resolved in time satisfactorily.

Ebuyer have a returns procedue that you *have not* followed - its as
simple as that so you should gracefully accept at least half the delay
as your own.
You initially emailed them.
Then you sent an enote.
Ebuyer have a separate and clearly marked returns procedure in your
'accounts' section, NOT emails or enotes.

I would bet my mortgage too that if ebuyer issued you an RMA tomorrow,
and within a week had accepted it and sent you out a replacement drive,
you *would not* post back here to say that it all went smoothly after
your own ****ups at the start.

We've heard it *all* before here from purchasers who are not too willing
too admit their own ballsups.

Sorry if the truth hurts,
g.
Old September 30th 04, 06:55 PM
nigel. carron

In message , Paul
writes
I hope someone found it useful anyway!

Ignore FFC - he's all mouth and no balls - (neutered!)
--
Nigel J Carron

Old September 30th 04, 07:02 PM
Mike

"nigel. carron" wrote in message
In message , Paul
writes
I hope someone found it useful anyway!

Ignore FFC - he's all mouth and no balls - (neutered!)
--
Nigel J Carron

Like anyone takes any notice of you!

Old September 30th 04, 07:57 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

nigel. carron wrote:
In message , Paul
writes

I hope someone found it useful anyway!

Ignore FFC - he's all mouth and no balls - (neutered!)

For your info 'Nigel'
this was taken to email and sorted out between our two selves in an
agreeable way.

I'd tell you to go **** yer mother, but after spending all that time
digging her up for some sex of my own, I'm loathe to pass her back to you.

g.
Old September 30th 04, 10:44 PM
Steve Walker

Mike wrote:
"Paul Baker" wrote in message
om...
My first experience of the E-Buyer returns process:-

the shorter version:
---
sent a faulty product back to ebuyer on 17th sept. 8 working
days later im still waiting.
----

which doesn't seem so bad, really.....