Intel Board Lock Up problems

Old July 27th 03, 05:24 AM
GccTX

Default Intel Board Lock Up problems

This is a Brand NEW Intel D845HV with a 400 FSB with a Celeron 1.7 (Also a
400 FSB)

During the Install for the O/S (Win XP, ME and 98) the system freezes and
has to be reset, do this 2 maybe 3 times and you finally get the O/S
Installed BUT it will run for about 3 - 4 minutes and Freeze up again and
has to be reset at which time it freezes during Boot.......

NOW

I have pulled the HDD and put it on another board, No Problems
I pulled the RAM and Put it on another Board, No Problems
I pulled the CPU and put it on another Board, No Problems
I pulled the Power Supply and Put it on another Board, No Problems
Floppy, Cd, Modem, Graphics Card...etc

BUT

I put a different HDD on the Intel Board, Lock Up
I tried Different RAM, Lock Up
I tried a different CPU, Lock Up
I tried a Different Power Supply, Lock
Floppy, CD, Modem, Graphics Card....etc

I Did manage to use a HDD with a pre installed O/S that ran for about 15
Minutes before Lock so I was able to Update the BIOS and all the Motherboard
Drivers....

I am completely Stumped I have NEVER had problems with an Intel Board doing
this BUT this is the first D845HV I have used.....

Am I missing something?
Any Suggestion?
Or Did I just get a defective Board?

Help Me Please......It will be most appreciated

Old July 29th 03, 02:59 PM
Bob Bailin

Go to www.memtest86.com and download their little memory testing utility.
It's non-OS dependent, and if you have flakey memory it shows up quickly.

"GccTX" wrote in message
y.com...
Someone suggested that I try different Memory on the Board and That

Crucial
memory is pretty much engineered for Intel Boards, I am going to get a

stick
of Crucial and Try, right now I am using KByte

"Shuttie" wrote in message
Have u checked compatibility of your memory with this board?

.. .