System Lock Up.

Old July 13th 03, 05:24 PM
David L. Holiman

Default System Lock Up.

Rob wrote:
I am running windows XP (Home).
Sometimes with monotonous regularity my system will just lock up.
Crtl+Alt+Del are frozen out and will not work with these lock ups.
It will occur during off line use and online use.
I have to warm boot with the reset to get it up and running again,
which necessitates a new logon if on line.
I have 512Mb of SDRAM @ 133Mhz, an AK12A Shuttle main board. I have
noticed that a bank of 256Mb of RAM in slot 1 is not showing up as
present when the start up information is displayed, leaving me with
256Mb.
Could I have some advice on this matter please. Thank you.

You could try removing the "bad" (assumed) memory chip, rebooting, and
seeing if the machine doesn't lock up. If it doesn't lock up, you have
most likely found the culprit of the lockups. In that case, you will
have to purchase a new stick of RAM to replace the bad one. Good luck.

--
David L. Holiman
KD5YDU - amateur radio

A+ certified