Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2003 Server on new Dell laptops?

Old November 14th 03, 07:15 AM
celtsfan44

Default Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2003 Server on new Dell laptops?

Has anyone run either server OS on the Inspiron 8600 or 5150?

I'd like to buy a notebook that can run Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2003
Server and I'm trying to find out if Dell has any current laptop models that
unofficially support either OS.

In the past, I've had a Toshiba Tecra's that had no problem running Windows
2000 Server and NT 4.0... Performance isn't the biggest deal in the world
since this is just for my own development, maybe for some consulting work
but not for production use. But I will need a gig of memory and that rules
out some of the Dell notebooks.

Thanks for any insight.