P3 450 & FX5200??

Old May 17th 04, 05:25 AM
Dodge Tom

Default P3 450 & FX5200??

After reading this Skybuck's bragging about how good his FX5200 performance
was, well, I'm an FX5200 owner and this has pure neckbreaking speeds of a
slug!! I have a BFG FX5900 - which made FX5200 look like a Riva Vanta 16mb
card!!

Skybuck, think your FX5200 is best? I refer you to this website:

http://www4.tomshardware.com/graphic...229/index.html (Chart of nVIDIA &
ATI core/memory speeds) and also you will see that FX5200 is almost at
bottom of this colorful chart:
http://www4.tomshardware.com/graphic...charts-03.html , and so on
(16 pages of this subject), then YOU try to PROVE Tom's Hardware that
they're wrong!

Russia was known for "backward society" (1980's term) so I guess that's
where you came from by judging what's mentally wrong with your posts.

Old May 17th 04, 06:15 AM
Mangyrat

lol good one.
a 5200 has its use and games is not one of them. well some games. the main
reason i have no replaced mine is FMS it will not run on my 9700 but runs
great on the slow fx5200
if you ask me i think it has a slight edge on a slug

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

&

Old May 17th 04, 06:23 AM
Skybuck Flying

My previous situation was:

Pentium III 450 mhz and TNT2

These games refused to work:

1. Call of duty: ( Must have T&L ) One demo did work but everything was
white/gray/black, just gray scales. ( still playable )
2. Homeworld 2: Sorry must have T&L card etc.

These games did work but everything white/gray/black etc

3. Halo ( still payable )

This game did work but missing lines and pixels:

4. Doom III ( to slow to play decently )

My current situation is:

Pentium III 450 mhz and FX5200

1. Call of duty looking just fine and playable.
2. Homeworld 2 looking just fine and playable.
3. Halo looking just fine and playable.
4. Doom 3 sometimes looking to amazing to be true and not really playable -
to slow.

So my situation has improved a lot since I can now play these fine games =D

About the performance I dont know... I dont have a AMD 3 GHZ or Pentium 4
GHZ.

I have a PIII 450 mhz and all I am saying is that I can now play these
games.

If you have a very fast CPU and a very slow GPU and you are not happy about
the performance than that says something about the GPU doesn't it ?!

Now if you are willing to pay $500 to $600 bucks for a GPU to just play
these games at a higher frame rate... and have a big dust sucking,
overheating, noise making, power draining, possible crashing the pc system
card then go for it =D

So I don't know what is causing the slower performance on my system. Is it
the PIII 450 mhz or is it the FX5200 ?

Well I can play RTCW at 50 tot 60 FPS indoors with 1024x786x32 bit colors
with tri-interpolation, high textures, high geometry etc.

Ok, maybe RTCW isn't the most beautifull game in the world... the corridors
are mostly blocks/rectangles/boxes, the outdoor scenes have some objects
here and there and run at 20 FPS.

Gaming is about having fun =D If I can have fun with lower graphics I'll be
happy =D

Buttttt....

I'll make you a deal... I'll take my FX5200 out... I'll put it gently in the
box. Then I will go to my parents house. ( Where doom3 alpha is as well
installed, and halo and need for speed and homeworld and call of duty and
even the ****ty farcry with missing triangles. )

I will then try to open the casing... which is a blue hp casing... hp are
box shoving *******s =D

Then hopefully I can easily remove the radeon 9000... then I plug in the
FX5200.

But... this would be pointless... since the radeon is comparable in
performance occurding to all those benchmarking websites...

I have played halo, call of duty, homeworld, and even the ****ty farcry on
AMD 2600+ and RADEON 9000. And even the doom3 alpha !

SO IN SHORT: YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR ****ING MIND !

That means AMD 2600+ and FX5200 WILL WORK JUST FINE !

( Except for doom 3 alpha probably which is still slow on any system so
far )

SO NOW GO **** OFF LOL.

THE DEAL IS OFF :P

However Doom III alpha looked amazing on my FX5200 ! I put Standard GL
on... and for some reason the LIGHTS became YELLOW ! and BRIGHT... IT LOOKED
BEAUTIFULL !!!!! TRUELY CINEMATIC LIKE !

IT WAS PROBABLY NOT MENT TO LOOK LIKE THAT ! =D OR MAYBE IT WAS LOL.

TIME WILL TELL ! =D

I AM VERY IMPRESSED BY DOOMIII ON MY FX5200 !

I CAN'T BELIEVE ANY GAME IS GOING TO LOOK THAT GOOD !

I AM SURE WHEN DOOMIII COMES OUT AND IT S PLAYABLE THE WORLD IS GOING TO BE
SHOCKY LOL =D

Skybuck.

Old May 18th 04, 07:58 AM
nVIDIA Tom

Russia was known for "backward society" (1980's term) so I guess that's
where you came from by judging what's mentally wrong with your posts.

Soneone mentioned typing in his name in Google groups search engine- and
after reading many posts he has made until I strike it gold:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...fae64461&rnum=
169

I rest my case.

Old May 18th 04, 01:25 PM
Skybuck Flying

Well Since that post I have changed my mind.

I know what a low to zero noise system.

Old May 18th 04, 01:25 PM
Skybuck Flying

Zero noise system unless manual states how to clean it

Old May 19th 04, 10:03 PM
Dark Avenger

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message ...
Well Since that post I have changed my mind.

I know what a low to zero noise system.

Well Skybuck..there is no perfect system... and there is also
something called budget!

Hell, I would like a nice AMD64 to..with 2gb of ram..but my budget
said otherwise. ...

So first you always start with "how much money can I free for my new
pc" and work from that base on! Many people look at what they can buy
and all the nice thingies... but on a certain moment ..they have to
look in their wallet!
Old May 20th 04, 03:08 PM
Skybuck Flying

"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
m...
"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

Well Since that post I have changed my mind.

I know what a low to zero noise system.

Well Skybuck..there is no perfect system... and there is also
something called budget!

Hell, I would like a nice AMD64 to..with 2gb of ram..but my budget
said otherwise. ...

So first you always start with "how much money can I free for my new
pc" and work from that base on! Many people look at what they can buy
and all the nice thingies... but on a certain moment ..they have to
look in their wallet!

Bad strategy

Better strategy: most bang for the buck

Don't let them rob you ! lol

Skybuck.

Old May 20th 04, 08:10 PM
Dark Avenger

Bad strategy

Better strategy: most bang for the buck

Don't let them rob you ! lol

Skybuck.

Mmm, well using "sweetspots" definitly has a good point! Top models
always cost allot and the "ex spot" models are damn cheap! Look at the
9800 Pro..once an expensive King of all cards. But once the 9800XT
showed it's head... it went down in price allot! And that while the XT
wasn't.. THAT much faster...

So then it hit the sweetspot..cheap and goddamn fast!